Hydraulic Fittings

/ Hydraulic Fittings #1  

teg33

I'm in the process of adapting a front blade with hydraulics to my B2400. I've made a nifty bracket/arm to mount the control valve but need several different adapters and fittings to match things up.

My question: Is it OK to use standard galvanized pipe fittings (street elbows, nipples, adapters) in a hydraulic system?

Thanks,
Terry

/ Hydraulic Fittings #2  
It's a big NO on galvanized as I understand. The stuff flakes off and raises hell with your hydraulics.

I'd also check very carefully before using black iron or other pipe to be sure it can handle the pressure. Gas and water run at 100lbs or lower, where hydraulics will run at 2500 to 3000 lbs.

I got all my stuff from a local hydraulic repair/parts shop. Found them in the yellow pages.

Peter

/ Hydraulic Fittings #3  
Best be using pressure rated fittings unless you like hot oil baths and bits of metal flying around.
Egon

/ Hydraulic Fittings #4  
34-73690-Fluidhandinjuryexitwound.jpg

Exit Wound from a hydraulic leak

You can take many shortcuts in life… safety is NOT one of them…

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Hydraulic Fittings #5  
teg33
I'd check the yellow pages for a Parker Hyd. fittings dealer near you. They have the right stuff for the job and are very helpful. They make custom hoses also.
regards
Mutt

/ Hydraulic Fittings #6  
Terry
If you know a little about Hydraulic fittings and their sizes try Hydraulic Fittings .com , They have a good selection with pictures to help you select what you need. They are near Dallas TX. You will have to wait for fittings to be delivered.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Hydraulic Fittings
Thanks to all for the feedback.

Both my local Kubota dealer and hardware shop said it would be OK but I was skeptical. I drove the extra 45 minutes to a hydraulic shop this afternoon and bought the right stuff.

Thanks again,
Terry