Hydraulic flow question

/ Hydraulic flow question #1  

Steve_Miller

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 Kioti CK30HST
On a CK20, the diverter block located just behind the righthand FEL column, the two ports that feed out and back to the BH if used, if I were to use this for something else, would there be a problem if there were a flow restriction to this when diverted? For example I wanted to used this flow for a small cylinder and only wanted to use a valve that had a flow rate of 4gpm, is this going to be a problem. I'm thinking that this diverter is a power beyond type device and has to allow full flow through it. i'm wanting to keep the valve and the hoses small as there is not a ton of room to hide these on the CK20. If this is not enough of an explanation please let me know and I will try to answer any questions you have.

Thanks Steve

Attachments

• 823055-Diverter1.jpg
    823055-Diverter1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 166
   / Hydraulic flow question #2  
I see no reason you can't use a restrictor with the power beyond opened to full. I'm no hydrualic expert, but I believe there would be no problem. I use that PB now for my backhoe.
I assume you have noted the valve that one has to move to open that port?
Someone with more hydraulic knowledge can answer better, but I don't think a restrictor later in the line will be a problem, as long as you will have some flow coming through.
John

/ Hydraulic flow question #3  
Hey steve,
I am not sure what you are trying to do but if you are going to build a valve set up off the powerbeyond, I think it will be cheaper to just get the remote kit for the tractor it is under $300 bucks

/ Hydraulic flow question
I'm not using this port as of now. I do have the rear remotes which run the BH. When I installed the rear remote, this freed up this port at the front block. This is where I want to put a 4gpm valve in series with this diverter. If I open this valve while the tractor is running the main relief is hit on the pump as this dead heads the pump through this diverter. I'm just wondering if I use this port, if I have to allow full flow thru it when the diverter is opened? If so, a 4gpm pump is probably going to create back pressure somewhere in the system and a 7-8gpm valve would probably be ok. I'm just trying to keep whatever valve I use as small as possible. This make sense?

Steve