Hydraulic - Hydrostatic use for FEL

/ Hydraulic - Hydrostatic use for FEL #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
My friend, who doesn't yet use the internet, wants to know if his Husquavarna 18 HP garden tractor with Hydrostatic drive could handle a FEL and if it can be run off the hydrostatics or if an external Hydraulic pump is needed. Any other suggestion re: building a FEL would be welcomed.

Thanks Bob (for Hieke)

/ Hydraulic - Hydrostatic use for FEL #2  
Running the FEL off the tractor hydraulics would depend on the GPM, resivor size, and operating PSI. It would have to be at least 3 GPM and 1200-1500 psi to run a loader. Go to www.cadplans.com and check out their loader plans, they are very nice. You can then get the whole kit from MetKit.

/ Hydraulic - Hydrostatic use for FEL
Thanks for the reply and Cadplans is on our list of folks to contact. The additional question is, do I need to install a separate hydraulic pump or can I use something off the hydrostatic drive. Bob

/ Hydraulic - Hydrostatic use for FEL #4  
That depends on how your hydrostatic drive gets it's power which will be by either an internal pump or an external pump. Generally you can't tap into an internal pump but that can vary although not likely. Units that have an internal pump will also have what is called a charge pump to make up for internal ciruit losses, but these are low flow( < 1.0 GPM) and low pressure ( < 700 psi) and are usually used to power small lift cylinders or power steering. If you have an external pump then you can tap into it by using a control valve that has power beyond capabilities. So if your tractor has an internal pump you could add a PTO driven pump to power the FEL or depending on how much room you have in the engine compartment you could add an engine driven pump.

/ Hydraulic - Hydrostatic use for FEL
Thanks - that explanation is really helpful - now, I'll tell my friend and he can start searching for his manual /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
Bob