HYDRAULIC LOGGING WINCH

/ HYDRAULIC LOGGING WINCH #41  
nice work yoseph , have you given any thought to adding a fair lead set up, for odd angle pulling?

/ HYDRAULIC LOGGING WINCH
yes i am thinking to weld some steel chisel(teeth) to stop dinging as you said, today i crushed my Lovejoy plastic coupling, the torque output was too strong, if i could find a metal one that will be better, i don't want an elastic coupling i want a hard one. i don't think i will use a snatch block because my drum is approximatively at 3/4 the distance between the top link an the two lower links if i reverse my pulling rotation i mean wrapping from down not from up of the drum. also to increase the digging strength to the soil, because if i pull from the middle the anchor will slide horizontally rather than going down.
about the fair-lead i didn't received it yet but i think there will be any stress on the rollers will fix it in line with my drum.
one important thing i will say, if you plan to built something like that, think to purchase a hight torque hydraulic motor, most of those device don't need a hight flow, but they need a hight pressure, at 2000psi and over you will get what you want, as an example mine is working at 2000 psi and 2.5 gallon/min, if you increase the flow you will not increase the torque but you will get more speed, then in my case my speed is low and i manage my transmission to be 8.2:1, don't do something before examining the motor technical data specification and the hydraulic data of your tractor i mean pump flow an psi output.
thanks everybody

Last edited:
   / HYDRAULIC LOGGING WINCH #43  
I have run into the lovejoy coupler problem on my log loader rotator head I finally am instaling a relief valve to keep from breaking them