Hydraulic pressure, TC24, Top n Tilt, input pressu

/ Hydraulic pressure, TC24, Top n Tilt, input pressu #1  

pekabu

Platinum Member
Tractor
TC24D
Looking at a hydraulic control valve that has an advertised input pressure of 1600 PSI. Is this enough?

/ Hydraulic pressure, TC24, Top n Tilt, input pressu
Ok, after a bit of searching I found that the 12LA loader has a rated pressure of 1850. Any thoughts?

/ Hydraulic pressure, TC24, Top n Tilt, input pressu #3  
Many valves have an adjustable relief as part of the valve body. If your tractor "system" pressure is greater than 1600psi, and the relief valve on your new hyd. valve is adjusted for max. pressure, it will go into bypass mode when that pressure is reached, so you won't be taking full advantage of your tractor's hydraulics.

I don't think it would be a problem using that valve on your tractor, but the most functional choice would be a valve that will handle your tractor's full system pressure. My tractor is a 24hp JD, probably similar in size to yours. I bought a nice little valve from Prince that isn't too big for my small tractor, and handles my tractor's system pressure, 2500psi.

OkieG

/ Hydraulic pressure, TC24, Top n Tilt, input pressu #4  
Personally I would not use a valve rated at less than the hydraulic pressure of my tractor.

In my case, that pressure is about 2,000 psi. By choice I will use a valve rated at 2,000 PSI minimum, and probably 2,500 PSI when it is all over and I get around to installing my T&T.

I think using a valve rated for less pressure that the system operates at is asking for trouble in the long term, and mabye even in the short term...

That is just an opinion. I have no experience, other than general life experience, to back it up...

/ Hydraulic pressure, TC24, Top n Tilt, input pressu #5  
Do you mean that the valve has a high pressure relief on the inlet section that is set for for 1600 psi? If so then the relief will trigger at less than max system pressure. Not an ideal situation.

I always recommend a relief setting that is slightly higher than the system relief which is usually set at max system pressure. Too low a relief on say a loader valve will decrease the hydraulic strength of the loader.

There are plenty of posts on TBN that deal with loader problems where the relief pressure on the loader valve was set too low.

/ Hydraulic pressure, TC24, Top n Tilt, input pressu
Thanks Guys. I was afraid it wasn't the best idea. If it wasn't such a slick little control valve(Loader valve plus electric diverter switch) I wouldn't have looked twice.