Hydraulic problems

/ Hydraulic problems #11  
<font color="blue"> After I started only putting into float close to or on the ground, the problem resolved. </font>

My tractor is pretty small. Float on my loader bucket performs no real useful task for me. Not enough bucket/tractor weight to do much in float mode. In what situations did you choose to engage float with the bucket high? The rate of fall in float is slower that lowering the bucket with positive hyd pressure on my tractor. Now that you activate float closer to the ground, why/how do you use float? Just curious. Thanks, John.

OkieG

/ Hydraulic problems #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now that you activate float closer to the ground, why/how do you use float? Just curious. Thanks, John.
)</font>
I find it most useful when doing backdragging of brush, dirt etc. I aim the bucket cutting edge to grab whatever I'm pulling and put it in float that so when the tractor changes level, the bucket stays on the ground and follows the contours of the terrain. It's very useful for the job.
Before that when doing loader work, I often found it easier to just let it float down because I would sometimes wham the bucket down when powering it down. I got more practiced with that and can now easily feather it at the end of the fall. John

/ Hydraulic problems #13  
<font color="blue"> most useful when doing backdragging of brush, dirt etc </font>

I can see how that would be useful. My loader is light enough that it will often just ride over the top of something I'm backdragging. Constant adjustments with the hydraulics engaged is what I need to do. And when going forward, the tractor is so light that the nose is in the air with the bucket in float. A heavier unit, and float could actually do some work.

OkieG

/ Hydraulic problems #14  
After bleeding the lines my 3 point is still bouncing, no matter what position it's in. High, low, or inbetween. Any ideas what could be causing the problem?

/ Hydraulic problems #15  
What kind of tractor do you have?

I know on many systems that use an unloading type valve, if the hyd cylinder leaks.. or the systems relief leaks.. it can let the 3pt down a tad untill it senses this and makes up for it by bringing the lift up. Ford naa and hundred series were like that.. and if the lift bobed that was the usualy culpret.

On the older ford N series.. they used a scotch yoke piston pump and it kept the piston presurized, with excess oil going out the exhaust valve.. and sometimes when one of the valves stick.. you get an uneven pumping.. and the lift bounces.

What type of lift valving do you have? exhaust valve or unloading valve.. or something else?

Soundguy

/ Hydraulic problems #16  
These are "hiccups" which are usually caused by bad lift cyl seals. Raise an implement and shut off tractor for a while and see if it drops. Could also be unloading valve, drop poppet in lift control or 3pt safety relief valve leaking. If this came up suddenly, I'd suspect these latter malfunctions caused by foriegn particle not allowing full seat.