hydraulic pump question....

/ hydraulic pump question.... #1  

jimb1724

Silver Member
Tractor
ck20hst
the hydraulics for the loader and backhoe on my ck20hst are smooth but seem slow... is this a function of the hydraulic pump ? and if so can it be upgraded to a larger flow (gph) ?

this is my first tractor and i couldn't be more pleased with the machine overall... just curious about the attachment speed....

as usual, thanks to all in advance for any input on this issue... its a great group on TBN and a lot of help....

best regards,
jim

/ hydraulic pump question.... #2  
At what RPM are you running at? That can make a huge differance. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ hydraulic pump question.... #3  
In addition to the RPM's, the weight of your hydraulic oil and the outside tempreture can make a difference as well. Noticed your in NH, do the hydraulics get faster as the tractor gets warmed up? I am running a little thicker hydraulic oil than had last year and can tell a difference on cold mornings. After she has ran a while and at normal engine operating temp, the hydraulics run about normal speed.

Take care,
Eddie

/ hydraulic pump question.... #4  
Check your RPM's, but I found the hydrolics very quick and kept the RPM's down to 1500 while learning how to use the backhoe. And even that I am a little better, I don't go past 1900 if I'm using the backhoe.

Aloha
joe

/ hydraulic pump question.... #5  
I have the same CK20 HST TLB set up and I find the hydraulics are quite fast. In fact, I'd love to find a way to slow down the swing speed of the BH.

There are specifications on the FL120 cycle times published on the Kioti website. You should be able to raise the FEL from ground to top in 3 seconds and get similar speeds for curling the bucket. If you are really off those numbers give your dealer a buzz.

/ hydraulic pump question....
thanks for all the input....

i'll check those specs on the website... my loader takes longer than 3 seconds to go from ground to top.... even in the warm NH summer.....

i'll give the dealer a call as well.... i wonder if the added rear remotes for the BH might have lowered the overall speed of all the hydaulic lines...

/ hydraulic pump question.... #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have the same CK20 HST TLB set up and I find the hydraulics are quite fast. In fact, I'd love to find a way to slow down the swing speed of the BH. )</font>
If you practice using your other stick at the same time, curling your bucket a little as you swing, you'll find it much more controllable.
When I'm swinging, I'm ususally setting up the bucket to the next dig position, and that keeps the swing much slower. Try it, you'll love it.
John