Hydraulic schematics decoder ring online?

/ Hydraulic schematics decoder ring online? #1  

tomrscott

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 790
Can someone point me to an online guide someplace, or a downloadable PDF, for decoding hydraulic schematic symbols?

I've got many years in electronic engineering, so the idea of a schematic is not difficult, but I just need a key for the symbology.

A lot of vendors include these diagrams in their catalogs, but I've never seen one that fully defines all the symbols, they just assume anyone reading already knows them (ususally true, I imagine).

I can generally figure out what a device does, but I imagine I am missing some of what is defined in these drawings.

I have been studying the subject enough in the last few weeks that I am getting pretty familiar with the fundamentals of hydraulics, but being able to read the schematics feels like the next step.

Thanks!

/ Hydraulic schematics decoder ring online? #2  
Tom
I did a Google search for hydraulic schematic symbols. First site that came up was this one. Click Here
Should answer your question.

/ Hydraulic schematics decoder ring online?
I have seen that site before, but it is just advertising books and videos. There's just enough info there to be a teaser. Nothing on reading schematic symbols except in the videos and books.

They look real good, might even break down and get a book if someone recomends it. I don't begrudge the guy the right to sell training materials, more power to him, but I was really hoping someone knew of a site online that would at least define the symbols. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Hydraulic schematics decoder ring online?
Yeah that works. It is still advertizing the videos, but it is a pretty useful 4 pages of stuff.

Thanks!

Prints real slow.

/ Hydraulic schematics decoder ring online? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Here is the link to the manual Ron found
Hydraulic Symbol Chart )</font>

Ooooo....... nice......downloading.