Toplink Hydraulic Top Link Arrived

/ Hydraulic Top Link Arrived #1  

wcampbell47

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 ASV Compact Tracked Loader
UPS delivered the top link I ordered from Fit Rite Hydraulics. Came on time as promised by Brian. Looks like quality stuff. I am more of a wood worker not so much a metal worker therefore I ordered the top link and hose kit hoping to have a plug and play installation.

When I attempted to fit the top link discovered two things. The bushing on the tractor side had to be ground down to get it in between the flanges on the tractor. This minor thing may be a difference in SAE and metric measurements or a slight change on the Kubota side. Got it ground down and fitted in about 20 minutes.

Brian supplied 1/2" male quick disconnects fittings. The dealer installed remote used 3/8" female fittings. Luckily the dealer supplied male fittings with the remote install. Appears all that I have left is to bushing down the hose end to accept the 3/8" male connects and I'm good to go.

I don't think these issues would keep me from ordering again. I would just make certain that Brian knows the size female disconnects on the remote so he can build the hose accordingly.

Brian was quick to respond to my email and suggest a solution to each issue.

I will have to wait until after Christmas to finish up this little accessory.

Santa doesn't have to stop for me this year. He has already delivered a new B3200 Kubota. As you can tell I am accessorizing my new toy.

Hydraulic remote.
Hydraulic top link.
Quick Hitch to arrive momentarily. BTW I stayed with the quick hitch in the shape of an horseshoe or upside down U. All my implements are fitted with the bushings. My first was purchased from TSC 4 years ago for $199. Now lists for $279. Ordered the 2nd one from Northern Tool for $109.

Merry Christmas to all!

/ Hydraulic Top Link Arrived #2  
Congrats on the top link. You will find it very useful I think. To bad your tractor didn't have the standard 1/2" ag QD's like most do. But an easy fix for you.

When you first hook up an impliment make sure you carefully check the full range of motion with the 3ph up and down, link in and out so you know if it will hit anywhere. I cycle mine a few times to get the air out also when I first start out.

Have fun.

/ Hydraulic Top Link Arrived #3  
wcampbell47, thanks for posting. Still don't know what happened with the top link end being too wide.:ashamed: I will have to do some research at the Kubota dealer to check those measurements out for future customers.

As far as your remote sizes, this has taught me to be sure to ask specifics. I thought when you said you had a factory Kubota set up, that it was going to be like the one shown here. Good thing the fixes are easy, BAD thing that you have to do anything other than just install it. :ashamed:

As you know, you have my apologies.
Hoping that everyone has a Happy New Year.

/ Hydraulic Top Link Arrived
My Kubota dealer installed remote is way different. They must have changed vendors as mine and one other that I know of the control valve is mounted on the ROPS - not in the fender as in the pictures.

All is well. It is installed and working now.