Hydraulic top link connections

/ Hydraulic top link connections #1  

13gef13

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar ym1510d Kioti ds3510 Kioti EX5310
I have a Kioti EX5310, Australia only I believe. I have a hydraulic top link coming. Due to lack of experience I have no idea how to fit it to the remotes. Could someo0ne please explain what these connectors do.
Thanks, Geoff
hydraulictoplink.jpg

/ Hydraulic top link connections #2  
It's very simple if someone could show you the principles and operation in person if you're as "green" as you say.
Basically your new top link will have 2 "ports" for hydraulic lines. They will connect to either the a/b or the c/d. Operating the lever will direct oil flow into one side of the t/l depending on how you connect it. Pushing the lever fills one side of the cylinder while allowing the oil from the other side to return. Pulling the lever will reverse this oil flow and operate the cylinder opposite pushing.

/ Hydraulic top link connections
I understand how to hook it up, I don't understand the differences between the AB and CD ports.
Thanks

/ Hydraulic top link connections #4  
AB and CD are fluid out one hole and back in the other. They would be for a “double acting“ cylinder like your hydraulic top link. If you had ”single acting” cylinder like what is on a dump truck where the hydraulic fluid goes to one end of the cylinder and it extends it when you push the valve lever one way and retracts via gravity when you pull the lever in the other direction, that one hose would plug into port “C”. Cam

/ Hydraulic top link connections
AB and CD are fluid out one hole and back in the other. They would be for a “double acting“ cylinder like your hydraulic top link. If you had ”single acting” cylinder like what is on a dump truck where the hydraulic fluid goes to one end of the cylinder and it extends it when you push the valve lever one way and retracts via gravity when you pull the lever in the other direction, that one hose would plug into port “C”. Cam
That makes sense, thanks