Hydro fluid question

/ Hydro fluid question #1  

Hondapro

Bronze Member
My new BX 2360 has the 60 inch plow, when checking the rear axle fluid level what is the correct way to do it? Do you want all the cylinders closed or at normal positions?

What fluid should I add UDT or Super UDT,I don't know what was shipped in it from the factory.

Thanks
Steve

/ Hydro fluid question #2  
First, you shouldn't need to add fluid to the a transmission on a new tractor. Call the dealer if you do.

Second, the manual should state the recommended fluid and the original fluid will be the one recommended in the manual.

Third, double-acting cylinders have fluid in both sides of the plunger so extended or retracted they will use the same amount. In other words, the fluid level isn't affected by the position of the cylinder. Someone from the hydraulic forum may have a better insight so you may want to ask over there.

/ Hydro fluid question #3  
Just thought I would add that the rock shaft for the 3 point hitch only has fluid on one side. Usually the manual recommends checking the fluid with the 3 point all the way down. Check your manual to make sure but if it does not say then I would check it with it down because I have never seen one that recommended having the 3 point all the way up.

/ Hydro fluid question #4  
Welcome Steve. It will only have a little less fluid with the cylinders extended by the amount of fluid that the rod diameter would displace. I would you should check it with the cylinders retracted. But like previously stated there will not be much difference. I think they are shipped with sUDT according to the manual.