hydrolics work, forward motion doesn't. Mitsubishi MT 2201

/ hydrolics work, forward motion doesn't. Mitsubishi MT 2201 #1  

Patrick McAnish

Tractor
Mitsunishi MT2201
I am having problems with the drive train on my MT2201. I know this is the Japanese version. I have been told the closes US model is the Satoh S670 Bison. My problem is my hydraulics for the front bucket and rear scraper and PTO work but after about 50' of under powered forward motion the tractor stops, though the engine remains running

This is an all hydraulic system and 2/4 wheel drive. Fluid lever is good and clean. Filter has been cleaned. Clutch seems to be functioning but I think this is a dual clutch model, though I don't know what that means. I have had a mobile tractor repairman look at it ( he not very good) and he does not know what is wrong. Thought I'd try you guys for some clues.

/ hydrolics work, forward motion doesn't. Mitsubishi MT 2201 #2  
Same in 4wd?
When is the last time you replaced the fluid?
Any noises?

/ hydrolics work, forward motion doesn't. Mitsubishi MT 2201
Ok, turns out it was not a hydraulic problem but a clutch problem. Adjusted the clutch and all is fine. Apparently it was just barely engaging when cold, enough to move the tractor 50 feet of so, which made me think Hydraulics. Thanks for the comments.

/ hydrolics work, forward motion doesn't. Mitsubishi MT 2201 #5  
Ok, turns out it was not a hydraulic problem but a clutch problem. Adjusted the clutch and all is fine. Apparently it was just barely engaging when cold, enough to move the tractor 50 feet of so, which made me think Hydraulics. Thanks for the comments.
That should have been fairly noticeable when shifting.

/ hydrolics work, forward motion doesn't. Mitsubishi MT 2201
No, it did shift but not smoothly. I've only had it for a short time, thought it just shifted that way, Now it shifts much better.