Hyro on TC33DA

/ Hyro on TC33DA #1  

grwoolf

Bronze Member
I am looking at buying a TC33DA with hydro. I have been to the dealer for a test drive, but the closest thing he has in stock is the TC29DA gear drive. Can anyone provide feedback on the hydro drive? I know it is a single pedel, but that's about it. Is the pedel effort fairly light? How smooth does it slow down, etc? I hate to make a purchase like this without testing, but I'm sure the hydro is fine. Any feedback is appreciated.

/ Hyro on TC33DA #2  
Just bought a TC33DA hydro w/superster. I've always had grear drive until this but so far I like the hydro. From my experience the hydro slows depending on how fast you let up on the pedal. What's really nice is you never really need the brakes just let the hydrp brake for you. It's really great when doing FEL work. No stopping anf shifting all the time, just forward and reverse with the pedal. Right now the only down side I have found is everything seems to be a little stiff and it takes a little more leg and foot pressure on the pedal but then in time I'm sure it will loosen up or I'll get better leg muscles. Really the only down sides I have found with the tractor is the place of electricia wiries on the low side of the rear axel (I've pulled them apart several times bushhogging and then you have to get under the tractor to hook them up again before it will start again. They control the safety switrch for the PTO. Plan to move those wires this weekend) and the oil stick is hard to get to with the FEL loader on. Great tractor all in all and you'll love the hydro.

/ Hyro on TC33DA #3  
I have had a TC33DA supersteer with FEL and rear flail mower for one year. I love it especially for mowing. The tranmission is easy, smooth with no problems. The supersteer option is great for mowing except when you get close to a fence/building. You will not believe how unpredictable the steering can be close to something. I was mowing last night and got too close to a gate in my pasture and had one heck of a time figuring out how to back away. Supersteer with a FEL has the same problem. However, that being said, I'm still glad that I got it.

John

/ Hyro on TC33DA #4  
You will like the hydro, it's the way to go. I do like the boom a rang pedal. I love my TC33DA HST!

/ Hyro on TC33DA #5  
grwoolf,
My tractor is smaller, a Class I, but it has the same pedal arrangement. I've read different opinions on it both ways. Some want(prefer) 2 pedals, some want one. I find it very comfortable to use. I had a gear tractor before this and would never go back to gear, but that's my opinion only.
If you let up real quick, you're gonna stop abruptly. Ease up on the pedal. The pedal effort required seems to be more if I am in H instead of L, but not objectionable. I think some of the larger ones have 3 ranges, not sure on the TC33.

/ Hyro on TC33DA #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think some of the larger ones have 3 ranges, not sure on the TC33. )</font>

Yes, the TC33 has 3 ranges.