Hyster S40 / E50 part interchangeability

/ Hyster S40 / E50 part interchangeability #1  

Johndeere3720

Padawan Tractor Learner, Advertiser
Tractor
Bobcat T62, MT55, E42R, E10, John Deere 4100
About 2 months ago I picked up a Hyster S40XM forklift for a fair price. It’s everything I need in a shop forklift although I wouldn’t mind if it lifted higher than 7ft.

IMG_1250.JPG

A few weeks ago I snagged 2 more forklifts, 2 identical E50XM’s. One is missing the battery and the other needs the battery refurbished. I planned to make one out of the pair and robbed the new front tires off of one for my 40.

IMG_1628.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

What I’m wondering is if I could interchange the mast from one of the E50’s to my S40. The 50’s have less than half the hours on them compared to my 40 and will give me the additional lift height I’m looking for but before I go tearing things apart I wanna confirm the masts will interchange. Visually they look identical but forklifts are a relatively new thing for me. Fortunately I have other equipment that would assist with swapping masts if they do interchange. Any information much appreciated.

IMG_1789.JPG

/ Hyster S40 / E50 part interchangeability #2  
I'm no forklift expert but I'd think it would be pretty straightforward to measure the mounting and tilt "parts" including the pin sizes. What may not be obvious is the hydraulic reservoir size.
That will be handy 👍.
Is hyster still around? (Dealership)

/ Hyster S40 / E50 part interchangeability
I'm no forklift expert but I'd think it would be pretty straightforward to measure the mounting and tilt "parts" including the pin sizes. What may not be obvious is the hydraulic reservoir size.
That will be handy .
Is hyster still around? (Dealership)

Fortunately I have a Hyster dealer close by for parts support.

/ Hyster S40 / E50 part interchangeability
Finally dove into the mast swap! As expected, it’s a direct swap, very simple and straight forward as long as you have a second forklift handy to move the mast and set it in place.

IMG_1866.JPG

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1906.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG