I could sure use your help!

/ I could sure use your help! #11  
Carl:

As a result of a back injury I have 'drop foot' (muscle to right foot & leg from knee down do not work), but have not had any problems with my NH TC45D hydro unit. Deck area is big enough to let me get on/off & move around with no trouble. As for operating the hydro pedals, though my lower leg is not much use from the knee down, I still can use my upper leg muscles to move the lower leg up/dow on the peddles.

Indiana Paul

/ I could sure use your help!
Wow!! I knew this looked like a decent site when I first found it but dog gone guys you are all really outstanding. I mean you took me by the hand and led me thru this entire process and let me tell you I appreciate all of you for doing it. Its going to take me a day or two to digest all the infomation but I am going to look into each and every item. I have looked at the ASV-30 already but have decided against a Bobcat type skid loader for one major limitation. My lake goes from 0-30 feet deep in about 2.5 feet from the shore. I can see the concrete, Bobcat, and me swimming sooner or later. But I really appreciate the idea. I have looked into Power Trac and well they have one on eBay and have a few questions into the owner but have not received a reply yet. On contacting Steve I am going to send off an email as soon as I finish here. WVBill I especially thank-you for your link. I felt deep in my heart that mods could be done but it sure is nice to see where other people have solved the problems and how they did it. My limitiations (see hate that word handicapped) have not kept me down yet, sooner or later it will but not as long as you don't let it. Anyway thanks again. Mark in NH thanks for your advise. I am not sure on the BH yet but I am leaning away from one. With only 12 acres of actual land well you can do just so much digging and then you run out. But on the other hand you could probabily think of a million things to do with it if you had it. Oh the problems one has!! I will be checking the New Holland line out. Thanks for the tips. And to IndianaPaul thanks for the encouragement. Its good to hear others have overcome.

I know this has been a long post but again I would like to thank everyone for their ideas. As a Newbee to this site I want to say again thanks for taking me under your wings. And if you have any more ideas or suggestions I am still wide open. Thanks again!!

Carl

/ I could sure use your help! #13  
Make102,

Here is some more free advice. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Remember that Time is Money. And vice versa.

As you have already done, figure out what jobs you need to get done. AND
if they are continuing jobs like road fixing, snow removal, mowing or one
off jobs like hopefully concrete moving. If its a one time deal its pretty
hard to justify spending lots of dollars to get the job done especially if you
can hire the job out for not much money.

I'm constantly hit in the face with the Time is Money saying when I'm running
my equipment.

One of the reasons that you were given the suggestion to get a Tractor Loader
Backhoe(TLB) is that the "real" backhoe machines allow easy movement from
the "driving" position to the backhoe operating position. Its real helpful if you
have to move the machine alot and then operate the backhoe. I would think
it would be real handy if one did not have good legs.

The other reason for the backhoe suggestion was the use of the thumb attachment
which would make it real easy to move the concrete. However, most of the tractor
mounted backhoes, I have a JD 48, have limited reach. Depending on the slope around
the lake the backhoe might not have the reach to get to the concrete.

The FEL 4n1 bucket is a must have if you have things to grab vs scooping. I have a 4n1
and I would not be without it. Without the 4n1 I think I would loose a good 30% of the
use of my tractor. The 4n1 works like a regular bucket but can open and close.
I use it all the time to grab logs and brush to put into burn piles.

IF you really want to dig your own 1 acre pond you would need an FEL for sure and
most likely a 4n1 as well. When open the 4n1 can function as a dozer blade. But
don't think you have a dozer and it will push up lots of dirt, a tractor likely will not
have the traction. If the soil is rocky a backhoe would help since it could dig holes
which would allow the FEL to move the spoil. It would be time consuming but it
likely could be done depending on how much time you want to spend. IF its a pond
that requires a dam all bets are off. The state likely has lots of rules and regs on
the permits/building/maintaining of a dam. They are almost certainly going to require
soil tests, compaction, etc., which can only be done by large machines.

Besides HST look into JD's PowerReverser tranny. Its a gear tranny with a twist.
There is a lever on the dash that makes the tractor go forward, neutral and reverse.
Once the tractor is in the right gear, moving foward and back is all hand operated
if that is the way you want to do things. It does have a clutch on the left side
and brakes on the right that you would have to make accessible.

For your road fixin make sure you get a box blade and a hydraulic toplink. There
has been lots of discussion on the hydraulic toplinks but what it allows you to
do is easily adjust any three point hitch implement via a lever. You don't have
to get off the tractor to mess with the toplink. Its all done via hydraulics.

And you where afraid your post would be long! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Ask more questions, read the past discussions and you will learn quite a
bit. Once, I was able to read ALL the discussion areas on TBN. Not
anymore, just to much danged information! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Really read the
attachments discussions. There are conversations about tools you will
never have known about which might solve some of your problems.

Oh! Welcome to The World of TBN! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Later...
Dan McCarty

/ I could sure use your help! #14  
I recently saw a Kubota at the local dealer that had a hand lever attached to the side of the hydro treadle peddle.
Also the Kubota L35 has a easily accessable operators platform and the seat swivels all the way around for bachoe operation.

/ I could sure use your help!
Hi Kodiak I don't suppose you could snap a picture for me. It sure would help to see what someone else has done for the modifications. I am in deep negotiations right now for a L3410. Thanks

/ I could sure use your help! #16  
Maker102
Sorry the kubota I saw was in for servicing. So its no longer there. The lever was welded to a plate that appeared to be attached to the bottom of the treadle hst peddle and then came up from the right side of the peddle adjacient to the pivot. It had a slight bend in it to place it closer to the operator, probably to ease travel length. The tech's didn't know who had made it, but all agreed it was probably a local one of a kind.