i got a harrow

/ i got a harrow #1  

jb112454

Silver Member
Tractor
2001 Kioti DK35
bought a 6 foot harrow this weekend to stemulate grass growth. i know now i could pull a 18 foot harrow with my dk35. the reason i know this is i don't even know the harrow is back there except for the noise. sounds like a rattling chain. i would have bought another 6 foot for a 12 foot total but those things are not cheap $432 for this one. i may have found one cheaper but after shipping it would have been about the same. anyone else have any uses other than this?

/ i got a harrow #2  
You're right, they aren't cheap. I bought ours at TSC for about the same price.

I use it to break up the top inch or so of our riding ring and then smooth the surface out. The ring surface tends to get hard after a few rain then sun cycles.

/ i got a harrow #3  
Must be a spike or chain harrow. If it were a disc harrow you'd sure know it was back there /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I have a couple of ancient spike harrow sections, originally horse drawn. I rigged them up to pull behind my tractor and you're right... can't even tell they are there. Unfortunately, mine have a depth adjustment that is long gone due to rust, so they are of limited usefulness. Have fun with yours /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ i got a harrow
i had thought it would be good for breaking up a riding ring. i think i'll try it this weekend.