I need to replace the bushes on my boom mower.

/ I need to replace the bushes on my boom mower. #1  

4x4sche

Tractor
Kubota L5030 (50hp)
Hi,
I have a boom mounted flail mower. (Made by Beaver in UK ....now out of business). Due to poor maintenance in the past, some of the hinge joints have worn and are loose. Each hinge consists of an outer C section and an inner box section. (just like on a backhoe). The hinge is formed by a pin passed through bushes welded to the outer C section and a tube in the inner box section. I have the necessary welding skills and can easily find replacement pins, does anyone know where to get the "top hat" style bushes that are welded into the sides of the C channel sections, and also what type of pipe to use to replace the tube through the inner box section. I could use washers and DOM tubing but will this be hard enough to limit wear?

/ I need to replace the bushes on my boom mower. #2  
pics are worth a thousand words

/ I need to replace the bushes on my boom mower. #3  
I have a similar boom mower, made by Turner. I figured if I wore the pins and bushings out I would bore them to a new size and drop in new pins, or if short on room, drop a bushing in that has a smaller size pin. I thought that some sort of bronze or oillite bushing would work, but figured that mild steel would be easier to work with and just weld it in. Next time it needs it, just cut the weld and install a new bushing, provided you didn't let the wear get too far along.
David from jax

/ I need to replace the bushes on my boom mower. #4  
I (re)built a front loader with SKF sliding bushings. Products - SKF.com

they are made of various materials as bronze, tin, and resin layers. They cost me about 4 Euro each, something you cant beat by buying brass and having them lathed from solid material.