I should wire all my trailers like this

/ I should wire all my trailers like this #11  
I did likewise with my tractor.:thumbsup:
Had to take the front wheels off though, not a lot of head room in a basement.:D
DSC00931.jpg

/ I should wire all my trailers like this #12  
they build big truck frames upside down at the factories so why not work on a trialer that way? Travel trailers at some plants start out that way to install wiring, plumbing and the axles. Then flipped and the walls are added. GE builds the frames of their locos that way too.

/ I should wire all my trailers like this #13  
That is the only way to go.

Adhesive lined heat shrink is even better. I recently took the plunge and bought a kit with every size up to 1". It should be enough for most of my lifetime. I hate wondering if one of my repairs is faulty years later, soldering and adhesive lined shrink and there is no wondering.

/ I should wire all my trailers like this #14  
Adhesive lined heat shrink is even better. I recently took the plunge and bought a kit with every size up to 1". It should be enough for most of my lifetime. I hate wondering if one of my repairs is faulty years later, soldering and adhesive lined shrink and there is no wondering.

I have soldered & regular shrinked connections out there right now, more than a decade old, on my trailers. Which is potentially enough to out last the plug, and lights. So, I don't know if it is necessary for adhesive shrinks in this application.

But, it certainly can't hurt.

/ I should wire all my trailers like this
I have a buddy at work who is certified in underwater electrical splices for submersible pumps. You're approaching the level of what he does on an underwater splice.

/ I should wire all my trailers like this #16  
I really like the glue lined shrink, I used it exclusively for years but I got to where hated paying the bolt venders for it though and normal outlets that I run across don't handle it so kind of blew it off for the more readily available plain shrink.

I buy it when ever I see it it gives the repair rigidity which is a good thing in regards to ever cracking the solder joint by vibration etc plus its waterproof probably the best thing especially on over the road applications.