I Think I stole a MT125 but need advice

/ I Think I stole a MT125 but need advice #1  

gonnadig

Tractor
LS MT125
I picked up a MT125 for $4,250 at an auction. I think it may have been a theft recovery. Some broken plastic in dash area and no keys.
Was listed as inoperable. One rear and one front tire were flat but have held air fine now for 5 days. I Have a bunch of parts for dash and
new key switch on order but not here yet. also a new seat on the way. I do not have a service manual yet and have a problem. Here is what
happened. I found a wiring diagram for a new holland 25s (its not exactly the same) I charged up the battery, checked oil level(good but dirty) and tried to jump the ignition switch.
when jumped the on key position i heard a relay click somewhere upfront but no dash panel activity and jumping the start position did nothing. I then found
a blown 30amp fuse labeled pto/sol. I did not have a 30 amp fuse on hand and live a ways out of town. I did have a 10 amp though. I put in the 10
and got the dash to light up. Its got 687 hours on it. Tried the start again and it fired right up and seemed to run great. Drove it off the trailer and it
seemed a little slow and would barely move in reverse. I shut it off to check the hst peddle linkage as it seemed funky. found the problem with the linkage.
decided to get it into garage and no dash again. the 10 amp had blown. I did try the pto when the 10 amp was good and the both worked. I thought every
thing was fine just to small of a fuse. STUPIDLY I put a electrical fork connector in that fuse holder. It started right up again and got it into the garage.
It was sitting there idling fine while I was gathering a few tools to deal with the hst linkage. I glanced towards the tractor and seen a little smoke. I ran like a
gazelle and got the jumper off to kill it. The smoke was coming from a little box near the fuse block about 2x3 inches in size and has 2 connectors coming out of it but only one is being used. I now know it is called the hst relay. I also have a new relay on the way. Picked up everything today for a complete 500 hr service and am hoping to have all parts by this weekend. I would like to know if that 30 amp circuit goes threw that hst relay or any info I can get to help solve this issue without damaging anything else. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I have repaired the linkage. was a roll pin problem. the peddles feel right now but wont know for sure till running again and rewired the work lights on the rops.
Thanks

ls tractor.jpg

/ I Think I stole a MT125 but need advice #2  
You get your wiring figured out?

/ I Think I stole a MT125 but need advice #3  
I'm not an elec expert, but my logic says that since you jumpered the 30 amp fuse, and the HST relay started to smoke, I think there's a good chance it does run thru the relay.

Since the 30 amp fuse was blown, you might want to do some back tracking on both the hot and ground for that circuit.

/ I Think I stole a MT125 but need advice #4  

/ I Think I stole a MT125 but need advice
Update. Got new key switch, hst relay and a 30amp fuse installed. Also bought the service manual.
The tractor started right up. Was letting it idle while trying to monitor the area on the hst relay that
had heated up earlier. After about 4 minutes I started to hear a rattle noise near the front of the tractor.
It was the starter kind of creeping out and touching the flywheel. I shut it off and looked at starter and it
seemed fine. Was starting to wonder if it was getting a little voltage to cause that. got a meter ready near
the starter. Started the tractor again. All good for a minute or so and then it just died. Now it wont turnover.
All fuses are good. Now I got some serious trouble shooting ahead. Hope the new hst relay didnt fry. I am not
Impressed at all with the electrical section of the service manual. I troubleshoot electrical problems for a living
and these electrical diagrams leave a lot to be desired.

/ I Think I stole a MT125 but need advice #6  
Can you post the relevant sections of the diagram? I looked at my tractor, without disassembly of the engine side cover and the dash, I can't see much.

Ok I believe I have a shorted fuel cut off solenoid. I think I can fix the new hst relay with a little soldering.
just barely opened a little trace on it. Still not sure what the starter thing was all about but need to get it running
again to look into that. Will update when I figure anything else out. thanks for the replies.

this will be hard to read on here

Attachments

• 2022-10-14_205321 wiring.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
   / I Think I stole a MT125 but need advice #9  
wiring harness follow back from the starter look for wear on a wire.

IT IS ALIVE!!!! I soldered the trace on the hst relay board. Replaced the fuel cut off solenoid.
Had to drive 50 miles to a John Deere dealer that had one in stock. All seems to be fine now.
Tried backhoe and loader a bit and all seemed fine. The speeds all seem normal now and starter
has not done the creep out again. Not sure what that was all about. The John deere part number
is M810324 It looks like a much higher quality part. At least there is no foreign language on it.
it cost 73.24 with tax. I also ordered another new hst relay and will install it when it arrives and
keep the repaired one for emergency use. She gets the 500 hour service and a new seat tomorrow.
I will be at around 5,000 all in. Very happy. Thanks to all who tried to help.