Ideas for Heavy Duty Lawn Mower, SC Tractor to accompany Kubtoa L3800 Compatc Tractor

/ Ideas for Heavy Duty Lawn Mower, SC Tractor to accompany Kubtoa L3800 Compatc Tractor #11  
I agree with Gary about the septic system concerns, being a plumber I can tell you that as long as the pipes are buried you can drive over them without issue. I drive around the septic tank on my larger tractors but run my x749 over it.

/ Ideas for Heavy Duty Lawn Mower, SC Tractor to accompany Kubtoa L3800 Compatc Tractor #12  
I don't think the concern is collapsing the pipe, but soil compaction. I don't see too many leech field lines ( non mound) buried at 2' deep. most of them are lucky to have 6"-12" over top of them.
I suppose it really depends on the state

/ Ideas for Heavy Duty Lawn Mower, SC Tractor to accompany Kubtoa L3800 Compatc Tractor
Why are you afraid to run a CUT over a septic system.

I can tell you that as long as the pipes are buried you can drive over them without issue.

I don't think the concern is collapsing the pipe, but soil compaction. I don't see too many leech field lines ( non mound) buried at 2' deep. most of them are lucky to have 6"-12" over top of them.

Compaction, Collapse, Ruts or any damage is a concern. County rules in 1980 for this area are unclear. It is a standard tank with a gravity feed from the house to the leach field.
I do know that it is easier to avoid this lower, damper spot completely.

My decision is to get a smaller rig for the wife. So the L3800 on the septic is really a non-issue to determining the best rig for her.

/ Ideas for Heavy Duty Lawn Mower, SC Tractor to accompany Kubtoa L3800 Compatc Tractor
   / Ideas for Heavy Duty Lawn Mower, SC Tractor to accompany Kubtoa L3800 Compatc Tractor #15  
Our system is a big hogged out flat hole with clean crushed stone and perforated plastic pipe embedded in it. Then there is a layer of paper-like material and then close to 24" of soil on top of that. I've been taking tractors over it since 1989 without much thought about it. About the only thing I'll compact is the soil on the top. I wasn't too concerned about that because the liquid perks downward. Any compaction of the soil on top would mean rainwater and effluent aren't competing for the same area to perk. The rain would need to run to another area to soak in. May be faulty reasoning, but I'm not about to get a second mowing machine for that little patch. Everything gets cut with the 6' deck on the L3200.

/ Ideas for Heavy Duty Lawn Mower, SC Tractor to accompany Kubtoa L3800 Compatc Tractor #16  
I own a Kubota GR2120 and consider it heavy duty, or high performance. Diesel engine and 4WD make it go almost anyplace, but it is not all-terrain: ground clearance of the rear axle is about 5 inches. It will cut any sort of vegetation, tall grass, etc. Weight is 960 pounds with the mower on, which is pretty safe for the pipes of a sanitation field.

/ Ideas for Heavy Duty Lawn Mower, SC Tractor to accompany Kubtoa L3800 Compatc Tractor #17  
Compaction, Collapse, Ruts or any damage is a concern. County rules in 1980 for this area are unclear. It is a standard tank with a gravity feed from the house to the leach field.
I do know that it is easier to avoid this lower, damper spot completely.

My decision is to get a smaller rig for the wife. So the L3800 on the septic is really a non-issue to determining the best rig for her.

FWIW,
I would have to say that if the water is coming to the top surface zone then your field will need reworking soon. What happens in most cases is that over a period of time the ground around the field pipes gets saturated with fine sediment that tends to block the normal percolation. The water can not pass through the soil laterally and is forced to rise up to the surface. Also important to have the field properly graded so that the entire field length is aiding in the dispersal of the water, if it is too steep the water runs down to the end causing problems. In Washington state the ground could easily freeze in the winter deep enough to cause the blockage of the field effluent that is moving to the surface. In a nutshell you want the water to move outwards and down instead of to the surface.

With a properly installed field you should be able to drive over it and not notice it is beneath you.