Idle speed on B2650 Kubota sticks too high after throttling up and then back down

/ Idle speed on B2650 Kubota sticks too high after throttling up and then back down #1  

Porchfan

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota B2650 HSD, 2020 BX2380, JD LX-277 lawn tractor 2000
Hey everyone. I had some hydraulic work done recently on my B2650 and since I got it back the idle speed sticks too high after being at high idle speed. It self corrects itself after a few minutes or after I reduce the loader load by setting it to float. If I throttle her up to 2000 rpm or so and then drop the throttle stick to it's lowest position it hangs at about 1500 rpm. Minimum no load throttle is usually about 900-1000 rpm. It never did this before the hydraulic work on the FEL. I had two hard line hydraulic lines that run along the horizontal tube gusset of the FEL. They had corroded and one was leaking. Anyway - If you all have any ideas on what it may be, let me know. I'd rather not have to haul my tractor back up to the dealer if it's a common or simple fix. Below is a link to a video I just posted on YouTube..
Kubota B265 idle speed too high after cycling throttle from high and then back down to "low" - YouTube

/ Idle speed on B2650 Kubota sticks too high after throttling up and then back down #2  
Pop the hood and try working the throttle manually. I think you have something binding or rubbing against the linkage. A bit of oil on the pivots may not hurt.

/ Idle speed on B2650 Kubota sticks too high after throttling up and then back down
Pop the hood and try working the throttle manually. I think you have something binding or rubbing against the linkage. A bit of oil on the pivots may not hurt.

Bingo! Simple fixes are the best. Thanks a bunch. IMG_2588.JPGThere looked to be dirt or something at the throttle lever right on the motor. I hit it with air and then brake cleaner and it seems to have fixed it. I did not follow the linkage all the way back to the lever stick on the dash yet. There may be more areas I need to clean and lube.