Ignition switch help

/ Ignition switch help #1  

Alan7s

Silver Member
Tractor
Terramite T5C
Getting ready to replace the old switch in my T5 (2000). I purchased some parts from Terry's Terramite but couldn't find my
particular questions on past posts. I'll number my questions so if you reply that will help keep things straight. Picture that
came with new switch attached.

1. What is the raised round terminal marked "M" on the new switch (magneto) and is it used?

2. What is terminal "C" (choke) and is it used?

3. Terminal "A" is accessory and on my old switch is only for the headlights.. . . same on the new?

4. On my present (old) switch there are 3 wires connected to one terminal: hour meter; violet wire to engine; fuel shutoff valve
Where do these go on the new switch?

5. On the T5 Parts Manual (Pg 4.2) there is a white wire coming from a terminal marked "M" in the schematic that runs
to the engine and is labeled "Ground to kill lead white." On my present (old) switch there is a white wire running
to a terminal. Does this go to "M" Magneto or to "M" (marked ground) on the new switch? [Amazing with all the
available letters to choose from, they have 2 marked "M" on the same switch. ]

Thanks for any help; I read some warning about damaging the engine if things are hooked up wrong

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 44