IH 1066 TA

/ IH 1066 TA #1  

mitchh13

I am looking at purchasing a IH 1066 but the TA is out. What is the advantage of the TA and which would be better, to repair the TA or put an elimination kit in it?

/ IH 1066 TA #2  
The TA just split each gear giving you 16 speeds instead of 8. I had a 966 with TA and put 7000hrs on it before the TA quit. I opted to eliminate it instead of rebuild because of the big price difference in parts. I did the repair myself so shop labor charges were not involved. I put another 5000hrs on the tractor and didnt miss it @ all.

Just curious but did you get a price quote on rebuild versus elimination?

/ IH 1066 TA #3  
The TA just split each gear giving you 16 speeds instead of 8. I had a 966 with TA and put 7000hrs on it before the TA quit. I opted to eliminate it instead of rebuild because of the big price difference in parts. I did the repair myself so shop labor charges were not involved. I put another 5000hrs on the tractor and didnt miss it @ all.

Just curious but did you get a price quote on rebuild versus elimination?

IMHO, I would get it repaired if it was mine. It makes the tractor much more versatile

/ IH 1066 TA #4  
Best way to buy an International, you can get it cheap, get it repaired, and have a good tractor for many 1000's of hours.

Me, I'd fix it, more gears to pick from is more effeicent.

--->Paul