IH 3414 front valve bank disassemby.. Weak or No hydraulic? This may be the solution!

/ IH 3414 front valve bank disassemby.. Weak or No hydraulic? This may be the solution! #11  
yes that's exactly what has happened, and that's the approach I want to take. the real issue is the part that fits over the spool(the long piece outside the valve) will not slide off the cup and spring . My question is, will it slide off or is there a bolt or screw inside the plug on the end of it that needs to be removed for it to come off. I reattached the photo you posted and labelled the part to make explaining easier.
valve.jpg

/ IH 3414 front valve bank disassemby.. Weak or No hydraulic? This may be the solution! #12  
I am having the exact same problem with my IH 3414 and need the aluminum tube/cap for the valve body. I cannot seem to locate one anywhere and have only found 2 salvage possibilities but must purchase the whole control valve for over $450. Is there a chance that someone out there can still make one of these for a reasonable price? It would be greatly appreciated!!

/ IH 3414 front valve bank disassemby.. Weak or No hydraulic? This may be the solution!
I figured out the problem with the 3414. This issue is in the front valve bank. The two cone shaped poppets in the bank have glued on seals or oil ring type seals . Those harden crack and fail. I simply machined and lapped new poppets or valves to the seat in the bank. It has worked flawlessly ever since. I have lifted almost more than the machine can handle and it still works 100%.

I did not take photos but I would be willing to machine new poppets for those who need them at a reasonable price. The lapping is up to the end user. Of course it would be as is to the user but I would make the price worth the chance.

To the gentleman who needs a tube. I told you I could make you a spool tube but my time setting up and turning a one off tube might make the tube reflect the time it takes me in cost. So in the end we might have to talk a bit and see.

I'm not a mass production shop churning these things out so a $10 tube is possible. I also love to help folks out but at the same time it's still time consuming versus what people think is a fair price for the end product. Think about it if I charge a mcdonalds pay rate of $10 an hour it is still going to take me three to four hours to setup and turn a one off part. $40 bucks for a one off part without the cost of material or shipping. . That's sort of a minimum type situation. . In the end it sucks for a consumer who wants a one off job that should be $5. That's why these things are turned in quantity with the quickness. That's also the reason machinists or machine owners simply run from one offs unless $$ is there to make it worth it.

In a situation like this it would have to be an act of kindness where time is voided and a gesture is made to help out a fellow man.
Hit me up and tell me what you think is reasonable for the part and shipping as well as which tube you need and I will see what I can do.

Also you would need to be able to pay with PayPal if interested so you know your purchase is protected. I will show photos and specs before shipping on all work I do. I am an honest person so I will talk and work with any person who chooses to do business with me.

Thanks J&T Designs

Thetester.

/ IH 3414 front valve bank disassemby.. Weak or No hydraulic? This may be the solution! #14  
I would love to work out a deal to have you make the part for me. If you can send me pic of part as you would make it, I would be willing to pay up to $100 if you think that would be fair and worth your while to make. Let me know if that would work for you.

p.s. this is actually for the bucket valve.

I figured out the problem with the 3414. This issue is in the front valve bank. The two cone shaped poppets in the bank have glued on seals or oil ring type seals . Those harden crack and fail. I simply machined and lapped new poppets or valves to the seat in the bank. It has worked flawlessly ever since. I have lifted almost more than the machine can handle and it still works 100%.

I did not take photos but I would be willing to machine new poppets for those who need them at a reasonable price. The lapping is up to the end user. Of course it would be as is to the user but I would make the price worth the chance.

To the gentleman who needs a tube. I told you I could make you a spool tube but my time setting up and turning a one off tube might make the tube reflect the time it takes me in cost. So in the end we might have to talk a bit and see.

I'm not a mass production shop churning these things out so a $10 tube is possible. I also love to help folks out but at the same time it's still time consuming versus what people think is a fair price for the end product. Think about it if I charge a mcdonalds pay rate of $10 an hour it is still going to take me three to four hours to setup and turn a one off part. $40 bucks for a one off part without the cost of material or shipping. . That's sort of a minimum type situation. . In the end it sucks for a consumer who wants a one off job that should be $5. That's why these things are turned in quantity with the quickness. That's also the reason machinists or machine owners simply run from one offs unless $$ is there to make it worth it.

In a situation like this it would have to be an act of kindness where time is voided and a gesture is made to help out a fellow man.
Hit me up and tell me what you think is reasonable for the part and shipping as well as which tube you need and I will see what I can do.

Also you would need to be able to pay with PayPal if interested so you know your purchase is protected. I will show photos and specs before shipping on all work I do. I am an honest person so I will talk and work with any person who chooses to do business with me.

Thanks J&T Designs

Thetester.

/ IH 3414 front valve bank disassemby.. Weak or No hydraulic? This may be the solution! #15  
theTester from J&T Designs - Are you out there? Would you be willing to work out a deal to machine that part for me? It would be greatly appreciated!!