Implement cleaning

/ Implement cleaning #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have found good luck with power washing at about 2500-3000 psi with a cold water washer. No soap just water does the job well. That said I can't handle the ice in the winter and want to know if a hot water washer is worth the $$? Winter just ended but it is on my mind.

/ Implement cleaning
Jeremy: I use a pressure washer like you on my equipment but not a hot water. A buddy of mine has a hot water washer and it is real nice, thought about getting one until I found the prices out. To get the same pressure and gpm out of a hot water you have to spend about $2X.

Ben

/ Implement cleaning #3  
I have a standard $300 type 2700 psi pressure washer and it is rated at 145 degrees so I just hook the hose to the house hot water heater and use it with hot water. It melts grease like gang busters. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Implement cleaning #4  
Hi Jeremy.
Yes indeed the hot water power washer are nice to clean your tractor plus attachments,and I set mine at 2100psi also make sure that the muffler and air cleaner cover well.

If your only planning to use a hot water washer for your tractor and attachments than the cost I would consider.
I use my hot water washer for number of jobs,wash the house,barn,tractors,attachments etc..

By the sounds you live well with in the cold belt line as I do.
I use to wash my tractor at first during the winter time,but even after wiping them down there was still pockets of ice built up....mmmmm.
I have only a cold barn to store my tractors,so I use window cleaner and rags to keep them clean until spring.

Have you check Grangers catolog?
I believe they have a website.

Have fun and stay safe.

/ Implement cleaning #5  
I keep my tractor in a heated shed so pressure washing with cold is fine even in winter. I have a 2000 psi washer I use about 1250 psi when washing the mud off. I like the ideal wen has about hooking up to the hot water line never tried that!

Roddy

/ Implement cleaning #6  
Jeremy, I use a 13 hp pressure washer. I got one for the GPM and not to have lots of pressure. I will gladly give up some pressure for extra volume. 2000 PSI is plenty, although mine goes to 3000 and 4GPM. I've used the 5hp's washers and was quite impressed with them as well, they work great on tractors. Wen is right, most all these pumps are rated for the relatively low heat of a water heater. Nothing like that to get rid of grease. Only problem is the lack of visibilty (steam) that quickly builds up as you spray with hot water, but it works very well. Check your machine to see its maximum temp. When it comes to heavy duty cleaning, I use Castrol Purple something or another (don't spray it on the paint). Simple Green is good for lighter cleaning. Rat...