implement on rear remote dropping

/ implement on rear remote dropping #1  

Don Dion

Tractor
NH WM 75
hello,
On a NH WM75 we have 3 rear remote that does the same thing...
When a Fail Mower attached and left in horizontal position start to drif down with or without the tractor running.
When the IN/OUT hoses disconnected then the Fail Mower stay in the position (horizontal). So I don't pay attention anymore to the internal seal of the cylinder.
I don't think it would be all the 3 rear remote valve (spool) having the same problem.
What other test could I do ?
Best Regards,

Don Dion

/ implement on rear remote dropping #2  
Hook it up the other direction and try. Some valves leak less on one side than the other. I know mine do.

/ implement on rear remote dropping #3  
As far as all 3 valves acting the same, if they are all built to the same specs which you would assume that they are, then yes I would expect all of them to have the same characteristics.

First off, does it leak down fast enough that you need to constantly be readjusting the cylinder? As in more than once per hour. Some people think that they should not leak at all, as in zero drifting. This simply is not going to happen and is not really a realistic expectation.

If yes, then you can install either of the following.
An on-off ball valve at the rod end port.
A check valve.

Most people go with a check valve of some sort.

/ implement on rear remote dropping
Yes I did tried all the ports (3 sets) so all 6 ports were tried with the same result but some were a bit faster dropping.
I did few cycles up and down but still the same. The slowest one drops 2'' in about 5 min, It is a bit too much when you want to work in trails with rocks and tree stumps.
You adjust your attachment and you always have to re-adjust all the time otherwise like I did once, you break some hammers, even if I ajusted the roller at the highest position.
Somebody told me to try a different oil viscosity so the tolerance for the spool valve to travel would have less tolerance to leak at his ports.
Another one said maybe it need adjustment at the body valve with the cable, not sitting correctly at OFF (WM 75 is all manual).

Is there realy a precise adjustment that would prevent this ?

We (an equestrian club) just bought this WM75 (2016) is it normal to leak at this point with just 825hrs ?
And me not having much experience with tractors. I just hope that we don't have to change the block valve $$$.

Waiting for more inputs to be done.

Yes, another one told me the same,
A check valve.
I think I would have to start shopping for that.

/ implement on rear remote dropping #6  
surpluscenter has a piloted check valve kit for their cat 1 top links. Depending on the ports on your top link it may work, possibly with some modification or adapters.

/ implement on rear remote dropping #7  
Yes, another one told me the same,
A check valve.
I think I would have to start shopping for that.
The easiest thing is an on-off valve at the coupler. These can be manual or electric. Or an actual check valve mounted on the cylinder itself.

Just to be absolutely clear, the issues are with the cylinders on the mower, not top & tilt cylinders on the 3pt hitch? The electric valve setup is about 2-3 times the cost of the other options.

If this gets adjusted very often, I would be looking at the direct mount check valve for your application.
Do you ever need any of those cylinders to float so that the mower follows the ground? If so, then the electric on-off valve would be the way to go as long as you have a control valve with the float feature. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3808.JPG
    IMG_3808.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3911.JPG
    IMG_3911.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3339.JPG
    IMG_3339.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 41
Realy nice to have different inputs, Thanks so much.
I will go to a NH dealer they might have everything I need.

Don :)

/ implement on rear remote dropping #9  
Good luck with that. Let us know how that works out for you. The NH dealer here would have no clue and wouldn't have any of the things you need. Now Ag Supply has a very good lineup of those type hydraulic accessories, if you don't mind Chinese stuff.

/ implement on rear remote dropping #10  
I had the same problem, bought this miniature ball valve at the local hydraulic shop. It was $5 five years ago, afraid to guess what it costs now.

1689294931583.png