Implements for MF 1010

/ Implements for MF 1010 #1  

runner76

Tractor
Farmall M
I purchased a used MF 1010 tractor, 3sp hi and low range. 2wd. The tractor is in good shape and runs well. I had intended to get a 5ft finish mower to use it with, but got a 7ft bush hog brand turf hog finish mower for $125. That I am trying to get in shape now. I will be mowing yard grass on flat ground, will this tractor handle that big of a finish mower? I would also like to use the tractor to bush hog saplings and weeds along my fence row. Will it handle one of the Agri Supply 4 ft rotary (bush hog type) cutters? I know I should have asked these question before buying the tractor, but impulse got the best of this new hobby "farmer"

thanks, Frank

/ Implements for MF 1010 #2  
I has to be the bearer of bad news, but I am not sure your tractor will even lift a 7' mower! My brother had a MF 1010, and it struggled sometimes with a 5' mower-if I recall those tractors had about 13PTO hp.

I did a lot of heavy mowing with a 4' bush hog with that tractor. It was slow at times but it worked. I think you'll be ok there.

Will

/ Implements for MF 1010
Well, it will lift the 7 ft. mower, be interesting to see if it will mow with it. The guy I bought it from was using (at least he had it attached) a 7 ft finish mower with it to mow his lawn, just what I want to do with it, and my ground is level. I am hoping if I down't let the grass get too high and keep the blades sharp, I can get by until I can sell it and replace with a smaller mower.

Good news on your experience with the 4ft bush hog. Thank you for the reply,

Frank