In the Market

/ In the Market #1  

mwood

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 1023E
I recently posted in the JD forum regarding a smaller tractor for general maintenance of my 13 acres. I have around 4 acres mowing and 4 acres brush hogging with numerous things to move, clear and landscape. Therefore, I was looking at the JD 790 (27 hp, manual tranny). However, a friend of mine suggested looking at the Kioti line and I must say, I'm impressed!

Just out of curiosity, can someone give me some more information about the DK35? I'm looking for personal likes / dislikes as I already checked out the web page and it looks very nice.

Also, how exactly does the transmission work on these tractors. I'm familiar with the power reversers, hydros and complete manual tranny ideas. But what exactly is this synchronized transmission and how does one shift it?

And finally, what could I be expected to pay here in central NY for a DK35 with a loader and a mid mount mower? (72" preferably...)

Thanks in advance,
mwood

/ In the Market #2  
mwood,

A closer Kioti model to the JD 790 would be the LK3054XS.

It has a little more power and more features than the JD 790. The DK35 is substantially more tractor. I suggest you drive both to get a feel for the transmissions and other features.

/ In the Market #3  
Hello MWood and welcome to the forum. The synchronized shift on the DK35 transmission and shuttle shift means you can shift between forward and reverse on the shuttle without the tractor coming to a complete stop. The range in gears can also be shifted without stopping. The high/low range is not synchronized so you have to be at a complete stop before shifting. I haven't found any dislikes in my DK35 and have over three hundred hours on it now.

/ In the Market
Thanks for the info! The Shuttle Shift is exactly what I had hoped it was from my reading. I really nice compromise between the manual and hydro in my opinion!

Bill: I realize that the DK35 is more tractor. I was a little worried that the JD 790 wasn't enough tractor and so I thought that the DK35 might just be what I was looking for.

Thanks for the help!

mwood

/ In the Market #5  
I don't know how immediate your need fo a tractor is . Having said that , if you think you might want an HST machine the new CK 30 looks very promising . I know that if was available when I purchased my tractor the decisoin would have been very hard . I couldn't find any fault with Kioto's fit and finish . I actually liked the Kioti dealer in my area better than the two Kub. Dealers .At the Kub . dealers . one salesman didn't even acknowledge I'd walked in . At the one I bought from the salesman was "right there" . At the Kioti Dealer the Owner greeted me and showed me the whole place . But I really wanted to go HST . Even with out HST , it was a tough decision between the DK35 and the machine I bought ! The way that Kioti is improving and growing is impressive . If for some lucky reason I get more land and can uppgrade to a bigger machine , I'll definately give Kioti a first look . John
PS If the other ownners of my brand read this , I'll probably be shot !! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif But it's your money ,your time ,and your choice .
JMHO

/ In the Market #6  
there is a big differance in the LK 3054 xs and the DK 35. especially in price. The 3054 should be about 2 grand less.
Two thousand bucks for 5 more horses is a lot of money if you only compare horses. The DK is much eiser to get on and off of. it has a much more "agreable" platform. It,s a good machine. The DK should have one set of remotes,and a fancy chain check/lift arms on the 3 point. Tilt stearing.
The LK3054 also is a good machine... It was my bread and butter for many many years. It to offers a shuttle. no factory remotes, plain jane 3 point system.
The LK 3054XS has a wider front end, A DK 35 clutch and stearing, the Hydraulics are very fast, the exaust points down, and the operator station has been reconfigured a little. As I said before ..... The LK is a little more dificult to mount and dismount, BUT, it fits me like a glove once I get "fethered down" in the seat.
MY OPINION>>>> go with the LK 3054XS, save the 2 grand for something else.. Its big enough for 13 acers. Just my opinion.

/ In the Market #7  
Virgil, How long have you been selling KIOTI's?

KO

/ In the Market #8  
mwood,
I use a DK 35 on 15 acres . It is a very good fit for the property size you have.
I currently run a 6' medium duty brush mower with no problem.
I currently run a 6' rear finish mower but I could easily run a 7' .
The JD 790 and Kioti 3054 are good tractors but once you test run the DK you will be hooked.
The syncro shuttle forward/reverser is nice, flip a lever on the steering column and whatever gear you were in going forward is the gear you will be in in reverse.
The sycronized transmission, shift on the go.(shifts real nice too).
The DK also has the open deck area, tilt steerng, foldable ROPS,rear work light, wet disc brakes( the 790's are dry drum),draft control, mid PTO standard.
And one other standard feature that I will never be without again- extendable lower link arms on the 3 point hitch, I love them, makes implement hookup so much easier.
Good luck in your search

/ In the Market #9  
We picked them up in the mid 90s. There wasn't much choice back then... it was the 1914, 2552/4, or the 3054. The 3054 kept the doors open at the store, and kept us fed.
Just to brag a little on the Kioti machine...
We saw the insides of the first engine about 60 days ago. it was a 3054 that belongs to a rental store. The owner showed me the computor stuff on that machine and other tractors... For 6 years, the 3054 averaged 3 rented days per week. Thats a lot of abuse. most folks who rent do not operate the machine as if it were their own.
That is the first and only guts of a Kioti engine we have seen.
He told me that his Kioti tractors were by far the best money makers he has (as far as small tractors). He HAS HAD several of the green and blue tractors, showed me the numbers on them also. No wonder he buys a new machine from me every 3 years.