Inexpensive John Deere WAM?

/ Inexpensive John Deere WAM? #21  
I don’t know if this is an “opportunity“ or not. I could use a large area mower. Looks like an older model. Can’t find much info on it.
90” cut is impressive, but don’t know much about it. Visually, the mower looks kinda “light-weight”, but that’s just a guess.

View attachment 842868

Seller says 1150 hours. Yanmar diesel. Wants $3500. Says it’s ready to mow grass and nothing broken.
Those were good tough mower. Check the Anti Scalp Wheels on the deck it has a bunch. The seat will needs replacing. Looks like a Air Ride that could be expensive. Tires look good. Buy it, pressure wash it , paint the deck and start mowing.

/ Inexpensive John Deere WAM?
The roll bar does not fold
The last deck can fold up
They are only for cutting grass and not tall grass either.
For 35 bills, its a steal, I use to mow a golf course with one many years ago.
Go there on your day off and try it out, if you don't like it, you can always sell it after its cleaned up and make some $$
I like the way you think.

/ Inexpensive John Deere WAM? #23  
Great CONSERVATIVE minds think alike...... :whistle:

/ Inexpensive John Deere WAM?
The seller will not send additional photos or answer additional questions. Either he sold it or it was a scam.

/ Inexpensive John Deere WAM? #25  
I don’t know if this is an “opportunity“ or not. I could use a large area mower. Looks like an older model. Can’t find much info on it.
90” cut is impressive, but don’t know much about it. Visually, the mower looks kinda “light-weight”, but that’s just a guess.

View attachment 842868

Seller says 1150 hours. Yanmar diesel. Wants $3500. Says it’s ready to mow grass and nothing broken.
I believe it is what I call a 'Finishing mower'. Not for unclaimed areas or tall grass/weeds.

/ Inexpensive John Deere WAM? #26  
Looks just like the old New Holland I had, exact same looking machine. but mine was a 72" deck. Be careful of the age of that model. I'm guessing well over 20 years. Parts got impossible to find except tractor junk yards. My biggest problems were stripped spines on the 4wd steering wheels, and grease seals for those wheels. I ended up just keeping them full of gun grease. Overheating was a problem with that little plastic radiator, and it has a very high center of gravity. DO NOT use on slopes..

/ Inexpensive John Deere WAM? #27  

View attachment 842868

That sounds really cheap for that model, but on the plus side the mower deck does not look beat up, nor does the sheet metal, so the hours could be correct. These were usually used as commercial mowers on golf courses, but this one could have been privately owned. I would contact your local Deere dealer with the model number and find out if any parts are available, what commonly goes bad, cost to fix, etc. You might also check FB for any groups focused on that model, that unit also looks to be 4WD but I dont see any mention of that on the sheet metal. Honestly, if it starts runs moves and mows Id probably buy it at that price, guessing it worth more than that in parts