Info needed

/ Info needed #1  

wildstreak

Tractor
Mahindra 7520
I have a 7520 4X4 and I'm looking for a rotary cutter. I will be using it to mow between rows of trees and need a 6 foot cutter. Now, here is the problem. Most of the cutters that I have looked at only have small gear boxes.

I only want to have buy one. So, if anyone can help with this. Please do.

/ Info needed #2  
Not sure what you mean by "small." All cutters I've seen are rated by the level of service you need. Usually these are ratings such as Light, Medium or Heavy duty. You can see the differences on the different companies internet sites. My cutter is made in Texas by AG-Meier. You can see their stuff at AG-MEIER.htm. Bush Hog's site is also a good place to look.

/ Info needed
What I was talking about when I said small was that most of the gear boxes are rated for 50 hp or somewhere around that ( on the 6 ft models). I guess my question is, will using a 75 hp tractor and cutter with a 50hp gear box work?

/ Info needed #4  
Check the HP on your PTO. For the 7520 I believe it's 65. You would not want a cutter that is not rated for at least that HP. The only way to be sure of the cutter's HP requirements is to look at the specs. The specs should show both a minimum and maximum HP. There should be plenty of 6 ft models that will handle your HP and more.

/ Info needed
Thanks. I've made up my mind to go with the Woods Brush Bull 6ft.