info on MF 135 please ??

/ info on MF 135 please ?? #11  
Birdhunter.... mine nots hard o the diesel at all. I've never really measured, but I go a couple of months on a tank before I even have to think of topping it off. Mine gets a lot of run time.

/ info on MF 135 please ?? #12  
I was gonna say, under the hardest working conditions the Perky, ( or even the standard 23c ) will win the milage battle by a landslide!!

Will

/ info on MF 135 please ?? #13  
I dont know how much the diesel uses in a hour either but I know it will still be out there working while the gas goes in for fuel.

/ info on MF 135 please ?? #14  
and while the gasser goes to refuel he can also check if the carburetor isnt leaking or needs some adjustment or maybe a new spark-plug,rotor, distributor cap or ...........etc etc. lets face it tractors were meant to be diesel powered, every manufacturers has understood that decades ago.

/ info on MF 135 please ?? #15  
No argument here on Diesel vs. Gas, I wish it were a diesel. But back in the day when these tractors were made diesel fuel was not as readily available as gasoline at most fuel service stations and such. A lot of old farmers wer completely powered with gas engine equipment, now your lucky to find a gas engine on your bigger farms. For sure diesel would be the way to go, but this is the one grandpa bought years ago and it's gas, sorry.

/ info on MF 135 please ?? #16  
I like the sound and smell of my grandpa's old 135 gas. I love it. It is a good change from all the diesels around the place. Last year I wanted to buy this old 1972 JD cpmbine from work with a big old Chevy gas motor. That was a sweet driving machine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ info on MF 135 please ?? #17  
hmmmm.... farm equipment with automotive engines... HEy maybe we could start a new sport /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif oooopps...already been done! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ info on MF 135 please ?? #18  
Gas, makes me chuckle. The old farmer neighbour was telling us about all the tractor fires they used to have with the gas engines. He said, "oh every summer someone would have something break and the next thing you know there'd be gas on the exhaust and a big fire!" /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The only other memory was were they had to cross to the islands, the old gasser would get their plug wires or distributer wet and die in the river with a load of hay behind!