Inside a Japanese oil filter

/ Inside a Japanese oil filter
I did call a Toyota dealership to see if they offered any Denso or Nippon branded filters with the same part number I needed, but the parts guy said the filters say Toyota, made in USA on them now, and the Denso part number wasn't coming up in their system.

/ Inside a Japanese oil filter #12  
Cut a penzoil filter open once or one of those $2 Azone units and you will feel pretty good about using that Denso or Toyota or Honda OEM filters for that matter. ;)

/ Inside a Japanese oil filter #13  
I did call a Toyota dealership to see if they offered any Denso or Nippon branded filters with the same part number I needed, but the parts guy said the filters say Toyota, made in USA on them now, and the Denso part number wasn't coming up in their system.
I've picked up automotive freight multiple times at various Denso factory locations in the US ..... one that comes to mind right off the top of my head is located in Battlecreek, MI ... ;)

/ Inside a Japanese oil filter #14  
Years ago at the local Toyota dealership they had a display of a Toyota filter and a Fram (I think) cut open so you could see the difference. The Toyota filter the pleats were not the usual pattern going from center to edge but had a star pattern and the pleats were in a radial design. The display said the filter had something like two or three times the amount of filter material.

I switched to them because Toyota had moved away from the large size filters to a very small compact filter. At the time I thought it was to force people to buy their filters but most every brand now uses the small filters.

/ Inside a Japanese oil filter #15  
Here's a picture of a Toyota filter.

Attachments

• oilfilter.jpg
    oilfilter.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 484
   / Inside a Japanese oil filter #16  
crazyal,

Toyota has 3 spin on filters and 2 are the same thread and seal just each is slightly longer than the other.

The 4cyl cars are by theirselfs but the 4cyl trucks and v6 cars (90915-yzzd1) take one and 4.0v6 and v8 (90915-yzzd3) take the longer one but they will interchange depending on clearance etc. hth

I use the yzzd1 on my 23hp Kohler Craftsman garden tractor.

/ Inside a Japanese oil filter #17  
DENSO is an excellent brand and I wouldn't doubt they are making the filters to the manufacturers specs.

DEWFPO