Installing a DVD player and backup camera in a B3030 Cab

/ Installing a DVD player and backup camera in a B3030 Cab #1  

WaxMan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe
I had the factory stereo in the cab but I wanted to install a backup camera with monitor instead of having both the radio and a 7 inch monitor I thought i would just replace the radio with a Kenwood dvd player am/fm cd add larger speakers and a backup camera all in one unit. I just had to make the box to hold the radio a little bigger and remake larger speaker mounts for the rear . I used the same factory mount for the radio just made a larger box.
I installed tweeter speakers in the headliner to bring the sound all around you.
It's will be nice to just glance up at the monitor while pulling the york rake etc. instead of turning around all the time .
Also like I told my wife i could watch a quick movie while I'm waiting for the snow to pile up.

202412529_o.jpg

202412630_o.jpg

202412656_o.jpg

202380363_o.jpg

202380383_o.jpg

202380349_o.jpg

/ Installing a DVD player and backup camera in a B3030 Cab #2  
Wow, that is some quality work right there. But did you really need DVD in the cab!?

/ Installing a DVD player and backup camera in a B3030 Cab
Wow, that is some quality work right there. But did you really need DVD in the cab!?

No I didn't but I wanted the rear view camera , the dvd player comes with the unit, otherwize I would have the radio on one side and a monitor for the backup camera on the other side.
This way I just have one unit that does everything.

/ Installing a DVD player and backup camera in a B3030 Cab #4  
Interestingly, i was just looking at backup cameras yesterday. I too had thought about doing the stereo / monitor thing, but wasn't sure i wanted to cut up the radio box to made it double din sized. You have made it clear it can be done, and made to look factory ! Nice !!

/ Installing a DVD player and backup camera in a B3030 Cab #5  
Well, I'm just glad to see that the high tech upgrade didn't interfere with the cup holder!

/ Installing a DVD player and backup camera in a B3030 Cab #6  
Where did you mount the camera? If it is outside did you install a de-icer and a wiper blade too?

/ Installing a DVD player and backup camera in a B3030 Cab #7  
Love it. Awesome job.

/ Installing a DVD player and backup camera in a B3030 Cab #8  
I always heard that the 3030 was the Cadillac of the CUTS......... IT'S TRUE!