instrument cluster on 5520 john tractor not working

/ instrument cluster on 5520 john tractor not working #1  

vealsff

Tractor
5520 john deere
instrument cluster on 5520 john tractor not working. fuel gage, tachometer,heat gage. i,ve checked all fuses in both boxes and all checked fine. there is a question about the fusible link. i can,t find a fuse. all i see is a junction block with one little wire going from one main terminal to the other main terminal. is that terminal block supposed to be solid because i can take my hand and wiggle one side of the terminal lug which goes to my starter and the other side goes to my alternator. would be thankful for some help

/ instrument cluster on 5520 john tractor not working #2  
I think the junction block with the little wire from terminal to terminal, that little wire is the fusible link. Check for power on each terminal to see if the fusible link is OK. If you have power to your fuses, that also says the fusible link is OK. Since it is the first protection.
When you checked the fuses, did you check for power in/out of the fuses? Not just if they were not blown.

With multiple items not working in your cluster, hopefully not the cluster. I would check for power to the cluster. It will be a red wire. Next I would check the ground wire to the cluster. It will be a black wire. This can be done with a 12volt test light or volt meter.

Post back f you need more help.

/ instrument cluster on 5520 john tractor not working #3  
on mine back in 2004, they did a recall on dash wiring. the service tech came out to my place in the mobile unit and took my dash apart to verify electrical wiring was correct. apparently there is a recall for wiring, melted wiring/possible in dash fire can happen, ask the dealer to look it up. they actually called me and told me about it back then.

/ instrument cluster on 5520 john tractor not working #4  
instrument cluster on 5520 john tractor not working. fuel gage, tachometer,heat gage. i,ve checked all fuses in both boxes and all checked fine. there is a question about the fusible link. i can,t find a fuse. all i see is a junction block with one little wire going from one main terminal to the other main terminal. is that terminal block supposed to be solid because i can take my hand and wiggle one side of the terminal lug which goes to my starter and the other side goes to my alternator. would be thankful for some help

Check dash ground connection

/ instrument cluster on 5520 john tractor not working #5  
I have the same problem as vealsff. I have verified that I have power to the cluster. The positive wire and the ground both test functional. I have had the cluster tested and it if fully functional. Any ideas where to go next?

/ instrument cluster on 5520 john tractor not working #6  
I had this issue with my 5310 and replaced the gauge cluster. Fixed the problem.