Instrument panel Fogging up

/ Instrument panel Fogging up #1  

ham4life

Tractor
B7500
I have a 2017 John Deere X738 with 225 hours and in the cooler weather 50 degrees or lower the inside of the instrument panel just in the center is fogging up all aroun the out side is ok. Has any body else have this problem, should the tractor go back to the dealer.

/ Instrument panel Fogging up #2  
Condensation forms when moisture meets a cool surface. You need to reduce moisture contained in the instrument cluster, or equalize the temperate of the cluster with surrounding air.

If it's still under warranty, you can take it back and have them replace the cluster and it should work for a little while. If you want a permanent fix, you'll need to drill a small hole somewhere in the cluster where it won't damage anything. That'll let the air temp equalize and allow the moisture to escape the cluster.

If you store the tractor outside, recommend you cover it with something.

/ Instrument panel Fogging up
Thanks for the info, The tractor is store inside I used it yesterday temp 75 degrees and it fogged up about 1/3 of the gauge top right to center of panel. My John Deere dealer said that no one else has this problem on there 2017 X738.

/ Instrument panel Fogging up #4  
My John Deere dealer said that no one else has this problem on there 2017 X738.

Seems I recall reading a number of threads on this and other boards about JD clusters fogging up, some to the point of corroding internal parts requiring replacement.

/ Instrument panel Fogging up #5  
Thanks for the info, The tractor is store inside I used it yesterday temp 75 degrees and it fogged up about 1/3 of the gauge top right to center of panel. My John Deere dealer said that no one else has this problem on there 2017 X738.

How humid is it where you store it?

/ Instrument panel Fogging up #6  
The 43xx tractors have this problem. I read somewhere that JD replaced the glass with a coated glass to solve the problem.

My 4310 glass was so messed up I couldn't see the panel so I removed it and cleaned the inside. The coating had degraded and I ended up cleaning it off with carb cleaner. The glass is clear now but fogs up after a while when I run the tractor.