insulation in enclosed metal carport

/ insulation in enclosed metal carport #1  

kylake

Tractor
john deere
Want to put insulation in metal carport roof to stop condensation when its gets cold out.Thinking of gluing up some foam insulation board on bottom of metal will this work?Thanks

/ insulation in enclosed metal carport #2  
The ultimate would be to spray foam directly onto the underside.
Pricier but final.
Not a thick application would be required either.

To glue foam board you'd need a waterproof adhesive which might prove rather costly.

An other option is the rolls of insulation that are used by the metal storage building industry, however have no idea as to cost.

/ insulation in enclosed metal carport #3  
You need to use a closed cell foam so not the cheap stuff.

If air can get behind insulation you will still have the condensation problem.

Dave M7040

/ insulation in enclosed metal carport #4  
Know this post is a while ago, perhaps to help someone down the road. Many adhesives are not compatible with foams. They disintegrate the foam. Read labels to insure compatibility. And yes, use closed cell foam.

/ insulation in enclosed metal carport #5  
Also, if appearance is not a primary concern, use a roll on, spray on “cool coat” product. They work extremely well and have a long useful life.

/ insulation in enclosed metal carport #6  
This one of the reasons I'm building a pole garage instead of paying for a steel carport building(which would be much faster). My friend has the carport building and it was 7k to have spray foam insulation put in and the R rating is crap compared to normal insulation. He checked around and I think spray was the only option besides framing up something inside to hold normal fiberglass batting.