Insurance Insurance, do I need to do anything?

/ Insurance, do I need to do anything? #1  

mswlogo

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 DT (Gear)
Does home owners cover the tractor if it were stolen or something?

/ Insurance, do I need to do anything? #3  
Summary of the thread: call your homeowners agent - and ask lots of questions - and mention the back hoe if you have one...

/ Insurance, do I need to do anything?
Insurance said home owners would cover it, while on my property. But if I'm at a neighbors I have no coverage. Except I have a seperate blanket liability policy.

But I figure I'm mostly concerned about theft. So when I'm not around it's on my property and I'm covered.

It's not likely to get stolen while it's under my butt.

Only problem is if I ever need to bring it in for service I'm not covered. So I guess I'll have to have dealer pick it up for service. I plan to do basic maintenance myself.

/ Insurance, do I need to do anything? #5  
mswlogo said:
Insurance said home owners would cover it, while on my property. But if I'm at a neighbors I have no coverage. Except I have a seperate blanket liability policy.

But I figure I'm mostly concerned about theft. So when I'm not around it's on my property and I'm covered.

It's not likely to get stolen while it's under my butt.

Only problem is if I ever need to bring it in for service I'm not covered. So I guess I'll have to have dealer pick it up for service. I plan to do basic maintenance myself.

Same here - My homeowers covers theft, vandalism, etc but if I damage it while using it (e.g. Roll it over :eek: ) then I'm not covered. No coverage if damaged or stolen while off property. The insurance co has to write separate policies for that coverage.

/ Insurance, do I need to do anything? #6  
Just got insurance on my BX2200 Friday. It was covered here at home, but we have other properties where it's needed. It's now covered while in tranport, on all properties, and under any one of six family operators, whether the operator goofs while on the tractor, or whether something falls on it, runs into it, etc. It cost me 5.5 times what it costs to insure my daughter's violin of equal value, but that violin hasn't helped with yard work yet.:)

/ Insurance, do I need to do anything? #7  
Cost should be about .75/$100 of value @ $1000 ded.