interchangable heads on Kubota 02 series?

/ interchangable heads on Kubota 02 series? #1  

case685

Silver Member
Hi I have pulled the head off my L2402 Kubota (D1402 engine) and found it to be in poor condition. The guy I bought this tractor from has a L2002 (D1302 engine) parts tractor. Wondering if anyone knows whether the heads are interchangable on these engines. The have the same markings on them and are the same size. In the 02 series parts book that I have thier part #s are off by one digit, the 1302 being 15511-0311-0 and the 1402 is 15521-0311-0. Thanks. Gerry

/ interchangable heads on Kubota 02 series? #2  
What is exactly wrong with it? warped? Bad valves? I would rather completely rebuild the one off the engine, with new guides, valves, then take a chance with another half worn out cylinder head. :eek:

/ interchangable heads on Kubota 02 series?
Haven't checked the head for wargage yet but the metal around the valves of the middle and rear cylinders are badly pitted. Don't know if this was caused by years of the tractor sitting with the valves open and water getting into them or something else. What you say makes sense about repairing this one. I was just hoping to avoid the extra expense of getting it rebuilt. I will try to post some pics tonite or tomorrow to see what everybody thinks of the heads condition. Gerry

/ interchangable heads on Kubota 02 series?
Hi Just updating (feeling guilty after reading the "finish what you started thread"). Turns out the bottom end of this engine is bad as well. Thats more than I bargained for when I bought this tractor so its down to replacing the engine or taking the tractor back. The dealer assures me his buyer in Japan can find me a good engine so I guess at this stage its wait and see. If he does find one I figure I'll do a leakdown test before I go to the trouble of R&Ring it. Will update down the road( could be awhile, his next container isn't coming till March). Gerry