Interested in a 2018 5075e

/ Interested in a 2018 5075e #1  

Cajuncowboy654

Tractor
John Deere 990
Ok guys looking to upgrade to a 5075e possibly

Got a quote on an 18 with cab, FEL, and R4 tires out the door at 49k

Question is while looking at the specs there is a decent power loss by the time it gets to the pto.

Will this tractor be capable of running a 15' batwing in the future if needed?

Primarily it will be on a large grooming mower mowing 4 acres but possibly mowing upwards of 15 acres in the future so a 15' is likely in the future.

Also any input on these would be great as I've read mixed reviews of the E series in general.

Thanks

/ Interested in a 2018 5075e #2  
Don't have a source to back this up, but...:
I "think" the engine horsepower is measured on a bench test, probably with better air flow (in and out), etc..
I "think" the pto hp is more real measurement with the engine installed in the configuration that the customer buys, where the transmission losses, air conditioning, electrical loads, etc.. take out a few horses more.

/ Interested in a 2018 5075e #3  
Mine has been great so far. No issues. Of course I've only put about 30 hours on it. JD seems to run their tractors on less friendly/more conservative dyno's than their competitors. Everything I've seen or been told is that the 5075E's generally dyno in the low to mid 60 PTO HP range whereas JD rates them at only 57 PTO HP. Low to mid 60 PTO HP seems common for most 75 BHP tractors. I've not pulled a 15' bush hog with it, but it has no problems at all pulling a 9' disc mower, or 4'x5' round baler.

BTW I think you can get that tractor for less than $49k. I was talking to someone on another forum looking at an 18 5075E with a cab and FEL and was quoted it for less than $44k. I payed $36.5k for my open station 5075E with FEL and I added the knob that adjust the speed and firmness of the F-R shift on the PowrReverser transmission.

So far I've been very happy with this machine. Very quiet tractor. Also has a ton visibility off it. So much so that it gives me the impression that it's a smaller tractor than it really is sometimes. I'm not sure all the changes the cabbed 5075E's got for 2018, but the changes the open station 5E 3 cylinder tractors got really helped to improve on the 5E 3 cylinder tractors IMO. Mainly from improved all-around ergonomics, and a redesign/smaller DPF to allow for a smaller hood, but it also got dual stage brakes, a 2 gallon larger gas tank, the option for a 3rd remote for the FEL, etc. I was looking to buy a 2017 model back in January, but was told about the changes for this year and got to compare a 2017 to a 2018 5045E and liked the changes so I held off until they could get me a 2018 5075E.

/ Interested in a 2018 5075e
Thanks for the info, the Deere dealers around here all seem pretty firm on the 49 number and it is in line with the Kubota m7060 pricing I got which was the same.

I had been reading about the issues people had with the 5E cab series but haven't seen alot about the 18 year model to see if there was any change with those issues

/ Interested in a 2018 5075e #5  
I had a 5055 and wasn’t playing around seeing if it would pull a 15’ in light grass. It had the power barely but it was way to light. My batwing weights several thousand lbs. I traded in and got a 5100e with the 24/12 trans. I would look at the 85e at a minimum. Shop around too, your price seems pretty high. That said I love my tractor and batwing and can cover a lot of ground quick

Brett