intermittent electrical problem

/ intermittent electrical problem
It sounds to me like a problem with the relay. I had a similar issue, tach wouldn't work, lights, and horn too if I remember right. Investigated wiring diagram and identified a relay under the steering wheel. I removed and replaced that relay and the problems went away. You can take a relay from under the hood (hi/low lights I think) and use as a replacement to test if the problem goes away.

Reference this thread here also...

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/bobcat-tractors/220165-tach-electrical-issue.html

I appreciate the thought on that one, but I've already been through the relays and went ahead and replaced three of them: the ignition, starter and pull coil relays. And my issue is a little different in that the only gauge that stops is the tach while all the other electric circuits are unaffected until I turn the machine off. I spoke with the local service tech today and have decided that I just need to order the OCU and cross my fingers. I'll update this when I install it next week.

/ intermittent electrical problem
It took a little while to get the part, get it installed and finally give the machine a good test the other day. The OCU was the apparent culprit. I ran it for over an hour yesterday and the problem has not resurfaced. Sure would be nice if they included some diagnostic tools for the OCU instead of the long process of elimination, but there it is. It was about $450 to get it to my door.

Thanks for all the input.

/ intermittent electrical problem #14  
It took a little while to get the part, get it installed and finally give the machine a good test the other day. The OCU was the apparent culprit. I ran it for over an hour yesterday and the problem has not resurfaced. Sure would be nice if they included some diagnostic tools for the OCU instead of the long process of elimination, but there it is. It was about $450 to get it to my door.

Thanks for all the input.
dealers may have diagnostic tools, just like car computers have, but they may be dealer only items, so the dealers can make a big profit.. however, the cause was narrowed down without the expense of dealer involvement!..

/ intermittent electrical problem #15  
Glad you got it fixed. Knock on wood, my 225 hasn’t had this yet, but I don’t put many hours on it.