International 3514 Backhoe/Loader lifts slow

/ International 3514 Backhoe/Loader lifts slow #1  

Robi

Tractor
International 3514 Backhoe
My International 3514 Backhoe boom and front loader lifts slow. The backhoe boom and front loader share the same hydraulic system. If I operate the backhoe boom lift and the loader lift at the same time the backhoe boom will lift normal. From reading the problems others have had I believe that the front loader lift valve must be leaking fluid past the seals. The loader valve will also stick in the down position if the lever is moved to the extreme down position. From what I have read the spool valve needs to have the seals replaced but I am not sure of the proper procedure to take this valve apart. I don稚 want to take anything apart that doesn稚 have to come apart. The bottom portion of the valve has the actuator rod on one end and what appears to be an adjustment port on the other end. Right above each of these is a large hex plug in the valve block. The top of the block has a slotted cap that is held in place with a snap ring. Does anyone have any instructions or advice on the procedure for replacing the seals in this valve?

I have attached a photo showing the assembly which has both the front loader lift valve and the front bucket valve together.

Thanks for any help

IMG_1073.jpg

/ International 3514 Backhoe/Loader lifts slow #2  
On the loader, the sticking could be that you are going into float, which is a detent and will stay in detent until you pull it back to neutral. If not that, the neutral centering springs could be weak or broken on the bottom of the valve.

You could very well be leaking past the seals in the cyl or valve, and when you use the 3pt and loader, the fluid backs up and provides the resistance to do some work. Otherwise, the fluid would just flow through the 3pt valve in the neutral position.

/ International 3514 Backhoe/Loader lifts slow #3  
J.J.
I have a 1963 3514 tractor with the back hoe attachment. When it is cold (just started) it lifts with the front loader and the crowd cyl. After it has run for 10-15min is has difficulty lifting the loader with a full bucket or the back hoe (long cyl). What do you think I should look for? The main hydraulic pump has been recently replaced with a higher capacity one and it made little difference. I have not tried to lift the boom and loader at the same time to see if it improves.