International 385 Fuel Issues

/ International 385 Fuel Issues #1  

CypressJeff

Tractor
John Deere 5100E
Everything was running fine until I ran out of diesel. I added 10 gallons of fresh diesel and attempted to bleed the lines by disconnecting the lines at the injectors. Fuel came out for approximately 30 total seconds then everything dried up.

From what I see there are fuel lines on the Left and Right side of the tractor, each coming from it's respective side of the fue tank. There is also a fuel line connecting the Left and Right side of the fue tank located behind the fue tank - I have good flow on both sides of this line. On the Left side, there is a fuel line that leads to the front Left side of the tractor - I have NO fuel flow where this line connects to the tank. I stuck a small wire into the tank from this hole and got nothing just an empty "tinging" sound. I disconnected the Right side fuel line between where the operators legs should be and I got a little fuel but not as much as I would have thought. At this point, darkness took over and I left it in the field.

Anyone have any ideas about why the Left fuel line is dry or anything else that is happening?

/ International 385 Fuel Issues #2  
I looked at a simelar tractor and realise yours must be olmost the same as a IH 444.
The fuel flows from the bottom of the tank on the right side of the engine to the fuelliftpump( check for dirt in that pump) to your fuelfilters mounted to your intakemanifold . Check on the filterhousing for arrows indi cating direction of fuelflow. From there to the back of your injectionpump. Return fuel flows from the front of the incectionpump back to the filterhousing and dack to the tank. First...open liftpump and clean screenfilter...then replace filters and locate the bigger seal in the housinggroove and the smaller one in the bowl. Clean the tap under your tank .
To bleed....open that tap and pump your liftpump....open the bleedscrews on your fuelfilterhousing and pump the liftpump until clean fuel come out. Now open the bleedscrews on the injectionpump...5/16th wrench or 8mm. ...until clean fuel comes out...then close them . Now crank the engine until it starts to smoke ....now preheat ant try to start .