International 784 Master cylinders

/ International 784 Master cylinders #1  

Sawdustsmb

Silver Member
Tractor
TL80a, Ford 4000, Super H, F 12, F14
Another problem!!! I called for the master cylinder repair kits today and my very nice parts person advised against them. It seems the little green seal on the end is impossible to put on without breaking even by their own mechanics. Apparently one owner bought 6 kits - $50+ each - and never did get one on. He called Case/IH to no avail. They advise buying new MC's- $306 each. Has anybody had any experience with these? Ideas?
Thank you,
Bob

/ International 784 Master cylinders #2  
Here is the part number for the master cylinder, according to the Case/IH site. 527542R92 But best double check...

Here is a link to Bates: Products :: 527542R92 Master Cylinder - Bates Corporation - Online Store They show having 2 in stock at $225.00 ea. They buy out a lot of nos, dealer stock, but you'd have to call, and check if it is OEM.

I copied and pasted the part number to Google, and got over 3,000 hits. In the first few pages saw anywhere from $96+ change at one, up to about $130.00, which I'm sure are China aftermarket.

/ International 784 Master cylinders
I decided to do the search as well. I bet you're right - parts made in China - Question is are they good enough for my friends firewood and snowplow tractor.
Thanks for the help. I'll check out Bates.

Bob

/ International 784 Master cylinders #4  
I got a master cylinder last winter for my Case hoe. As much as I hate to admit, it is a China product. But..., it fit perfect, and looked identical to the OEM. It's only been a year, but no problems so far.

And, who's to say, that the new ones from Case/IH aren't foriegn made? :mad:

A few years ago, I went to my local GM dealer pricing new hub/rotors for my C-3500. Went there to get USA OEM parts. Over $400.00, while aftermarlet parts were right at $100.00 ea. I asked the parts guy where the GM ones were made. He said he could not guarantee they were USA made, but had a good idea... 'Nuff said, I bought aftermarket.

/ International 784 Master cylinders #5  
Not really a problem if fitted correctly ??. i consulted a collegue and his thoughts are same as mine.!!

"First I would ask IF it is the little green seal that needs replaced ? ( I know its good practise to replace all but not always necessary ) Its probably the main seals it requires
I would probably boil the said seal for several mins to make it softer & more workable without splitting it ! Same as you did with teflon washers & many other ram seals that were tough & easy to split"