Introduction and New L4330

/ Introduction and New L4330 #1  

KB4330

Tractor
Kubota GL 4330, Toro 522xi Garden Tractor w/dual rear tires & 42" MMM
Howdy all,
My name is Kevin and this is my first post here (after lurking for a while). Just recently purchased an L4330 after doing some research (of which this board was a big help) and am super happy with the tractor. Great site and I look forward to many hours in the saddle!

Kevin

/ Introduction and New L4330 #2  
Welcome and contratz! Hey guys and gals, look like we may have found someone to weld up some toothbars! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Introduction and New L4330 #3  
Welcome, I hope you enjoy your new tractor. I bought an L3010 a couple years ago, great little tractor, no regrets, only wish I'd bought a bigger one. Theres a lot guys with a lot of knowledge on here, I've learned alot from reading the posts.

Again welcome

Steve

/ Introduction and New L4330
Boy,
I only wish I had known how much of a market there are for those things! If I weren't so slammed I might just give it a try. It is certainly within my shop's capabilities.

Most of the work I do is related to the helicopter industry or computer/disc manufacturing clean room equipment (lots of stainless and aluminum). I do about 60% tig, 30% mig, and the other 10% is brazing related.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Kevin

/ Introduction and New L4330 #5  
Congratulations on the 4330 ...love mine. How did you come to choose a flail mower, and how does it perform ...could you have gone to a bigger one?

/ Introduction and New L4330
Hi Joel,
My property is pretty hilly and has a lot of small rolls and undulations. I chose a flail mower because I liked the fact that the flail stuck out just a modest amount from the back of the tractor making it better follow the contours I have. I also chose a 60" because the entire unit was the same width as the rear wheelbase of the tractor so I can get right up to the trees as I pass by (I have a lot of oak and doug fir). It can also back right up to the trees so mowing all the way around is very easy. Lots of folks don't like them but I love it and wouldn't even consider another mower type for my needs. It really produces a sweet cut and makes the property look like a park.

According to the manual, a 60" flail is all that is recommended but I think you could absolutely go larger on the 4330. I simply didn't for the reasons stated above.

Kevin