Buying Advice Is 180 Hours Worth 3k of Savings ?

/ Is 180 Hours Worth 3k of Savings ? #11  
It never hurts to ask for more savings. Double it and see if he goes for it. Or ask for the 3 in savings and another 3 in “stuff” if you need that mischievous stuff. It is a bit easier for the dealer to give you 3k in stuff because he did not pay 3k for it. That assumes the 3k in stuff is stuff you need.
Whats the dealer margin on a tractor like that? Most dealers try not to lose money on demo equipment, just break-even. Demos are held in inventory so selling for less than cost becomes a loss.

/ Is 180 Hours Worth 3k of Savings ? #12  
Get the dealer to drop it off at your site for a week so YOU can put it through the paces and if everything is good go for it.
My 2007 only had about twice that number of hours on it when I bought it in 2009.

Also, how are the hours computed? Run time or PTO time? Someone could have putted around around for 100 hours at half PTO speed.

/ Is 180 Hours Worth 3k of Savings ? #13  
Good write up on the Yanmar YT347: iHMT YT3 Tractor Experience

After living with my YT347 for a bit, here are my thoughts. I still consider myself new at this; I willl learn more. Of course, I am expressing my opinions and others may see things very differently. I hope others will chime in.

I also have the open station. Cab owners will have some other thoughts. /

* The system works as intended. There aren稚 really any times that I have felt that something didn稚 祖lick right, a selection was too hard to make, or anything was unclear.

* The pedal layout is consistent and safe. From the right, I have 疎ccelerator? brake, then clutch pedals. Just like my two trucks. My Hydro had Reverse, Forward, and then Brakes in the clutch position. Muscle memory friendly. I had near misses with the 2-pedal and know of worse experiences.

* The reverser lever makes sense in this class. Again this is more consistent with Utility Tractors.

* The accelerator pedal seems to be a little too far right. But, in real use, it is fine. Because:

* The cruise control is the bomb. Intuitive. Versatile. Smart. Having the ability to choose to control either power or groundspeed is key.

* A-B mode, power boost, etc. These are great when useful and invisible when not needed.

* So many things are standard equipment. Full cruise control. Rear remotes. Telescopic draft links. Skid steer quick attach. Quick park loader. Bucket level indicator. Wheel valve sem guards. Side auxiliary lights. Joystick mounted controls. Heat shields for feet.

* I never considered a reclining seat back - but I can稚 believe how nice it is for hooking up attachments.

* Oh, the tank fill is low. And there is a light over it to fill at night.

Caveats:

* Hydraulic flow could be faster.

* iHMT is a little louder than I hoped. I was ready for no hydro whine. Not a big deal.

* This Thing really rolls easily when powered off. The parking brake is great and I always set it.

* Toolbox with a lid. The included cubbies are really nice. But, there needs to be somewhere to safely store the little things. Please!

* Brush guards for lighting are needed.

I値l add more later. Hoping other do, too.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5003288

/ Is 180 Hours Worth 3k of Savings ?
Whats the dealer margin on a tractor like that? Most dealers try not to lose money on demo equipment, just break-even. Demos are held in inventory so selling for less than cost becomes a loss.
He told me at the price he is offering the machine, it is actually below what they paid for it. Whether that is true or not, I don't know.

Get the dealer to drop it off at your site for a week so YOU can put it through the paces and if everything is good go for it.
My 2007 only had about twice that number of hours on it when I bought it in 2009.

Also, how are the hours computed? Run time or PTO time? Someone could have putted around around for 100 hours at half PTO speed.
Good idea. I'll ask him about doing that. I am pretty sure the hours are engine hours. I don't know of any machines whose hours are based off of PTO hours. Maybe the 300k machines have this.....

/ Is 180 Hours Worth 3k of Savings ? #15  
I'd jump on that deal. I haven't looked at the new Yanmars in person but if I was buying now and there was a good dealer within range they'd be on the top of my list.

/ Is 180 Hours Worth 3k of Savings ? #16  
He told me at the price he is offering the machine, it is actually below what they paid for it. Whether that is true or not, I don't know.

Good idea. I'll ask him about doing that. I am pretty sure the hours are engine hours. I don't know of any machines whose hours are based off of PTO hours. Maybe the 300k machines have this.....

Actually most if not all of the tractor tachometer hours are based off engine running at PTO speed so if you run at 50% of PTO speed it will take 2 hours to measure an hour on the meter. Some of the cheaper hour meters as seen on lawnmowers just run when the key is on and don't register actual engine hours and most will run about 1/10 hour if the key is turned on and immediately back off.

EDIT: I don't think the original poster meant that the tach hours indicated the hours that the PTO was used but the hours the engine was ran at PTO speed indicated on the tachometer. All tachs are calibrated at a set speed. My Kubota B26 is @2600 RPM which is WOT. My LS is set at 1950 rpm for 540 PTO speed and WOT is 2500 rpm. I guess each tractor/engine speed is a little different based on the gearing and also at what speed the engine makes the most HP.

Actually most if not all of the tractor tachometer hours are based off engine running at PTO speed so if you run at 50% of PTO speed it will take 2 hours to measure an hour on the meter. Some of the cheaper hour meters as seen on lawnmowers just run when the key is on and don't register actual engine hours and most will run about 1/10 hour if the key is turned on and immediately back off.
I didn't realize that is how the hours were calculated. I always thought it was based off of how long the machine was running. Thanks for the info.

Any idea how engine hours on vehicles are measured ? My truck has a setting that shows engine hours.

Pulled the trigger on the used machine. He knocked more money off and threw a bunch of goodies into the deal. He is willing to do the same goodies on a new machine too. I just need to let him know by tomorrow morning.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and posts. I'll post some pics in the Yanmar forum once I have the machine.