Is GC2310 up to it?

/ Is GC2310 up to it? #1  

thdavey

Tractor
MF GC2310
Getting scary close to purchasing a GC2310 + implements. Only have an acre so shying from larger machines, but concerned about power/weight to do needed tasks:

pasture leveling and gravel road maintenance using box blade

trenching, tree planting using backhoe

chipping/shredding up to 2 inches diameter

rotary tilling garden areas, which will include pasture

assorted loader tasks including dumping into a RAM 2500.

I am eagerly seeking advice from someone who has actually used the GC2310 to do some or all of these tasks. Any advice/experience/caution/horror stories/success stories will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

/ Is GC2310 up to it? #2  
BUY IT U WILL LIKE IT /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I have one with 130 hrs on it and it will do moast every thing u asked of it and more...

Doug

/ Is GC2310 up to it? #3  
I would have to agree with Doug!!! I just purchased a 2310 after using it last weekend. Dug out a couple of large stumps,did some grading with the bucket and dug a drainage ditch. Very pleased for the size. One thing to keep in mind the backhoe has enough muscle to pull the tractor into whatever hole your digging. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!
Al

/ Is GC2310 up to it? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would have to agree with Doug!!! I just purchased a 2310 after using it last weekend. Dug out a couple of large stumps,did some grading with the bucket and dug a drainage ditch. Very pleased for the size. One thing to keep in mind the backhoe has enough muscle to pull the tractor into whatever hole your digging. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!
Al )</font>

====== <font color="green"> ******* </font>
The BH on my<font color="orange"> Kubota BX23 </font>can also lift up the front end of the tractor if you get the Hoe Bucket snagged under a root or something.
I assume this is the same for the<font color="red"> MF 2310</font>

B. D. B.

/ Is GC2310 up to it?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( BUY IT U WILL LIKE IT /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I have one with 130 hrs on it and it will do moast every thing u asked of it and more...

Doug )</font>

Doug --

Thanks for the encouragement. I DID buy it, and now that the snow has melted, allowing me to see Mother Earth again, I DO like it. This is a tough little machine, and the perfect size for my little acre. I also bought a Gearmore G-series tiller, a LandPride scraper, and a BushHog auger.

/ Is GC2310 up to it? #6  
((assorted loader tasks including dumping into a RAM 2500))

I do not know if the 2310 can do this ...
I have Never loaded any thing in to a truck...

DougM

/ Is GC2310 up to it? #7  
I looked quite a bit at the GC2310 before buying a Kubota BX23 but since the specs are pretty close on the two the capabilities should be pretty close too.
I only have 1/2 acre so you don't have too much more land than I do. I use a Woods GBC40 box blade on my BX and it works fine - it can bog down the tractor when it is really full or if I dig too deep but for dragging and leveling a road it should work just fine. You should also have more than enough PTO HP to drive a 2" chipper/shredder.
The backhoe is great - I got the BX23 because I knew I was going to need a backhoe to do most of the work I needed to do. My only real decision point was whether it was worth getting the hoe vs. renting when I need one. For the $4000 or so it adds to the cost of the tractor I think it is worth it - I have it there whenever I need it and will have it for as long as I own it. There have been a bunch of times I have swapped the hoe onto the tractor - used it for a couple of hours, then swapped it off and put the 3pt back on. For planting trees and doing trenching I think the SubCUT sized hoes work great for the homeowner. I dug out a stump from a pine tree that we got removed - the trunk diameter was about 22" and some of the roots were 10" in diameter - using the BX23 backhoe and an axe I was able to get the whole thing out of the ground.
The dumping into the bed of a pickup might be something you need to look into - if you look at how high the loader will go and how much clearance you get when the bucket is in dump position you might not clear the sides of a pickup like a RAM 2500 (which I believe is pretty high off the ground).
I had never owned a tractor before and all the yard work I had accomplished before the tractor was done with a shovel, pickaxe, and a wheelbarrow. There was one stump that I had probably spent a good 10 hours digging around trying to get out of the ground. The day the BX23 was delivered the first thing I did was back the tractor up to that stump and the backhoe had the thing out of the ground in 10 minutes. From that point on the shovel sat in the corner getting rusty.