Is the interest rate worth the credit history?

/ Is the interest rate worth the credit history? #121  
He was allowed to take so many pounds of personal belongings. So he took his Ford Maverick and drove it on the Autobahn.

My second wife had a Ford Maverick when we got married in 1978. I tow-barred it back to Ohio filled with her worldly possession. That was the worst car I ever drove. No power steering, no air, plastic seats and crank windows. It did garner a premium from a dealer that wanted it though. The car did look cherry in its rust-free Powder-Blue color.

/ Is the interest rate worth the credit history? #122  
I had a friend that had a 70 Ford Maverick with an automatic. I had a 70 Nova with a stick. Both had L6 engines. We'd drag race on a local street....

No one could tell. :ROFLMAO:

/ Is the interest rate worth the credit history? #123  
Never cared for the Maverick and even had a 302 V8 Grabber...

/ Is the interest rate worth the credit history?
I feel like we're cruel parents...

Boy is moving along with wanting to trade in his Mercedes as a potential ball joint along with issues on his sound system not working now seems to have broke the camels back on keeping the Mercedes.

5 of his good friends in the local area around us ALL have had their parents outright buy their cars (most brand new) and we're forcing our boy to buy his LMAO (although we will help him on our end interest free depending on route we take).

Don't get me wrong, he didn't ask for us to buy him anything, but I was asking how all his friends could afford new cars under 20 years in age as I saw one of his friends in another different car.

As a father I really wish I would have put my foot down on him buying that Mercedes a couple of years ago, but I told him it was his money and he's worked hard, been good as a son, and he could do what he wanted to with his own money, even though I thought it was a mistake. This is one case where I was hoping I could have been wrong. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson, but I'm not certain. Had to put my foot down on saying no help on a Mazda Miata convertible LOL (but dad, I can get my duffle bag in the trunk was his reasoning).

Told him he's an adult now and he can buy anything he wants on his own if it's a convertible he wants.

/ Is the interest rate worth the credit history? #125  
My son want my old F350 gasser when he can drive. First time he takes it to a gas station, he will change his mind

/ Is the interest rate worth the credit history? #126  
Kids learn the hard way. We can do our best, but they think we are idiots. So, I let mine make choices, as long as they aren't life altering. They will learn like I did.

/ Is the interest rate worth the credit history? #127  
My nephew really wanted the super clean 96 F150 4wd 5spd pickup I had and I gave it to him.

He took good care of it but the gas kept him broke filling the 2 tanks.

Best riding truck I have ever driven and the bench seat super comfortable...

I told him just take care of it and he did.

Off to college and sold it for 6k so good all the way around.

/ Is the interest rate worth the credit history?
My son want my old F350 gasser when he can drive. First time he takes it to a gas station, he will change his mind
Don't you know, Mercedes requires premium gas? LOL

He always complained about that.

He's going to have to learn how to budget his money and that's something we're going over this weekend as his grandmother is having a birthday party.

He was always good at saving living with us in high school, and now that he's in the air force, he's pretty much broke now. BUT... he has his cell phone and he buys all of his food on his own! (apparently the mess hall on the base is closed for renovations).

Of course the "Benz" is keeping him broke with maintenance along with premium gas, but for some strange reason, he never listened to us on exactly how much gas he wastes driving from base to home to hang with his buddies on the weekend.

I did have to laugh... I saw the father of a high school classmate of my son who is in the air force as well (both boys actually bumped into each other at the mess hall when they were in tech school). The father of his friend asked me if my son is broke like his son (who is stationed in Korea). I had to tell him yes, but I also questioned if it was because he was stationed too close to home where it was only a 4 hour drive.