Buying Advice Is this a good deal for a 3514 IH?

/ Is this a good deal for a 3514 IH? #1  

Don1958

Tractor
simplicity sunstar, legeacy
Looking at a 3514 IH gas, with FEL for $2000.00. Runs good no smoke from exhaust. Steering is a bit loose. No leaks that I saw. Big problem is the 3pt does not work, will not move up. Wondering if anybody has an idea what is wrong with it. I am NOT in a position to do any trouble shooting as I do not have the tractor. I know this makes it very difficult to make any kind of informed answer, but I have about 2 weeks to decide if I want to buy it or not.

/ Is this a good deal for a 3514 IH? #2  
If you are not able to troubleshoot then I suggest you walk away from it. No way can we tell you what is wrong with out you doing some test. Good luck.

/ Is this a good deal for a 3514 IH? #3  
It's your money, so your call, but.
Which transmission does it have a 4 sp or 5 sp, with the torque converter or a dry clutch.
Lots of options and even two different gas engines depending on the serial number.
Also several different hydraulic systems could have been optioned as it is an Industrial series.
I don't know if that tractor uses the MCV or not which has a flow divider in it for the power
steering and hydraulic cooler loop with the rest going to the remotes or 3 point.
If the rest of the tractor is good and straight and complete it doesn't sound like a bad price, to me.