Is this a good price on a 2005 JD 5105?

/ Is this a good price on a 2005 JD 5105? #1  

Pushrod_Paul

Tractor
John Deere 755 mfwd JD 450B Crawler Dozer
My neighbor wants to sell me his tractor. Can anyone tell me if this is a good price for this tractor with the implements listed?
It is in pretty good shape, dirty and a little rust on the arms of the FEL (it is kept outside) New tires this season front and rear. Oil changed every spring and fall.
Here is the specifics on it:
John Deere 5105
51hp
4 wheel drive
Front and rear hydraulics
Mid hydraulics (can run 6 way blade on front or rear)
New tires this past spring front and rear
Less than 2500 hrs.

Equipment
Front loader with bucket
Front forks 2000 lbs.
Fork extensions.
Backhoe
Auger with 8 inch and 12 inch bits
PTO wood splitter
Back blade 6ft
Brush hog 6ft
Snow Chains for front tires

$25,000

/ Is this a good price on a 2005 JD 5105? #2  
it seems tobe a tad high for that old of a tractor.but if you know the tractor and trust it.i would think its worth with the equipment $21,500.

/ Is this a good price on a 2005 JD 5105? #3  
Looks high to me. Search tractorhouse.com for comparison.

/ Is this a good price on a 2005 JD 5105?
Thanks for the replies. That is kind of what I was thinking. This neighbor has not been the most trustworthy of people. I'll make him a lower offer and see if he bites.

/ Is this a good price on a 2005 JD 5105? #5  
Thanks for the replies. That is kind of what I was thinking. This neighbor has not been the most trustworthy of people. I'll make him a lower offer and see if he bites.

Something that works with me is to just say that it's more than I can spend on that tractor. I say I really like it and you might find someone to buy it but it's too much for me. Almost 100% of the time they come back to rekindle the deal. Probably mostly because others wouldn't bite either.

This way I keep the relationship without creating the stiff spine a lower offer encourages. When they ask how much I'll pay I try to avoid saying that buy when they push I say what I can afford on it and they usually say no. More often than not they take my price and things work out. They try to get me to meet in the middle on price but I don't. They make new stuff every day and there is lots of it for sale.

All this works for me and may not for you so FYI.

/ Is this a good price on a 2005 JD 5105? #6  
TractorData.com John Deere 515 tractor information

Shows that’s a 45hp tractor.

Under 2500 hours? 25k

With everything listed around Ohio the market value would be around $21,490 to get a really good deal around $19,000 or less. But then you still have a 45hp tractor with 2400 hours.

I estimated the following values:
Tractor 15k
Forks $400
Backhoe $4500
Auger $450
PTO splitter $400
6ft blade $200
Brush hog $500
Chains $40