Is this too restrictive?...

/ Is this too restrictive?... #1  

B7500

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HSD
The only way someone could post a comment or question they'd have to fill a bio first?
Just a thought.

/ Is this too restrictive?... #2  
Well, we've always operated this site on somewhat of a "trust" system. I think people hold comments posted by users with their profiles completed in slightly higher regard than those posted by users with blank profiles.

Plenty of people don't want to give out personal information about themselves (for a variety of reasons, some of which are sensible), so I don't think it would be wise for us to require that in order for someone to post a question.

We already make people register to post, which helps take that 'anonymous' edge off the site---you can always PM someone if they're registered (so long as they haven't disabled PMs).

/ Is this too restrictive?... #3  
There is no way to verify information in the bio, so any data filled in there should be read with that caveat in mind.

/ Is this too restrictive?...
Good point Chris.

The reason I suggested this is that I've notice on many occasions people could answer a question better if they knew what tractor, size land ect. the questioner had.

Terry

/ Is this too restrictive?... #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The reason I suggested this is that I've notice on many occasions people could answer a question better if they knew what tractor, size land ect. the questioner had.)</font>
You're right, and this happens a lot, however, I wouldn't want to require anyone to provide anything they don't want to provide. Most of us members simply tell them we need more information. Yes, it would save some typing, and some bandwidth, but too many requirements and regulations are what we often read are the things that upset most of us with our governments. It's nice that TBN doesn't go that extra step in my humble opinion. John